Author Topic: Bumpers on some tables are showing generic gray  (Read 3705 times)

Offline bpjacobsen

Bumpers on some tables are showing generic gray
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:40:23 PM »
See attached. (Crosstown FS table downloaded from this site) But I have seen this on tables from all sites. Every now and then I'm seeing generic gray bumpers instead of the real ones. Any easy way to fix them?

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Bumpers on some tables are showing generic gray
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:22:07 AM »
These and other PBecker1946 tables were made in vp 9.2. VP9.9 wasn't out for long when these were made. They will also play in 9.21, but in 9.9 there are graphic issues like this on all of his older stuff. When I made the backglasses for his tables I hadn't yet switched to 9.9 yet. He gives me the desktop version, and I mod it to FS, and code the backglasses for them. Once I switched to 9.9, I was able to fix these before they were uploaded, in testing. This is an early one, so that was never done because I was still on vp 9.21 at the time. :Whistle:

I can only say this about tables from here. But I'm guessing tables from other sites are the same issue- wrong version of vp.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline bpjacobsen

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:16:20 AM »
So is there an easy way to get the bumpers to display correctly in 9.9 or would it be best to just add 9.2 to my versions? I think I can add a 3rd one to pinballx under the 'other' section like I added physmod 5.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
I would add 9.2 or 9.21. What I did when I first noticed this on some of his tables was to make a new bumper, give it all the same settings. Then delete the old one, rename the new one to the same thing. Also note the x/y position settings, and put those in the new object after deleting the old one. Note: Copy and paste will not fix this! It has to be a new bumper with all the same settings. It's a pita if you know vp. If you don't I'd just add 9.21 and be done with it.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!