Author Topic: Bronco Chicago Coin 1963 Desktop  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Bronco Chicago Coin 1963 Desktop
« on: May 03, 2015, 04:00:46 PM »
Bronco Chicago Coin 1963 Desktop

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=373My exploration via recreating the early post-war pinball games through the games of the early 1960's to experience the evolution of pinball design and innovation hands-on continues with Chicago Coin's Bronco. Bronco was released in November, 1963 but it is not known how many units were produced. The game was designed by Jerri Koci and Al Schlappa, but the artist seems unknown as well (at least to IPDB.ORG).

Chicago Coin didn't make many pinball machines, their focus was on other types of amusement games. Many of the games Chicago Coin produced aren't great, but a few do show innovative features and Bronco is one of those.  The "Corral" where the lower inside kicking rubbers simulate a bucking bronco is where you really score points.  Making A and B lights the Corral's POP bumper for 10 points per hit, and that's the central object of the game - light the corral POP bumper, then spend as much time on the "bucking bronco" as you can. It's simple, but fun.  As with all my games, pressing the "R" key gives you game rules.

FS available.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:56:15 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!