Author Topic: This Works For Me  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
This Works For Me
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »
Hey, y'all,

I'm finally free from the scum and tyranny of SR (my previous employer) ... so I finally have some game room time.  :Green:

Because the plant was closing down, there were quite a few items I came away with; a small 'puter desk, a handful of keyboards and mice, a 20" WS monitor, and this lovely 19" 4:3 flatpanel monitor. I saw it 3 years ago when they came and installed one of the servers, and have been drooling over it ever since ..."Hey, this would make a really cool backglass for my setup!" Well, whaddyaknow ... I have it here now. It replaces a 17" CRT that I was using.

So this is my "setup". When in "gaming mode", I rotate the 20" WS vertically and rest it against the 19" 4:3. This makes a very cool playfield/backglass combo. The new BG monitor is much brighter and sharper than the aging CRT. Check out some of the images below.

Alas, the night goes by really quick in "game mode"; have to stop and get it back in a "work mode" ... have to get up at 0700 hrs and start earning some money!
-PeterMac