Author Topic: Twin Bill Gottlieb 1955 FS Direct B2s  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Twin Bill Gottlieb 1955 FS Direct B2s
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:43:45 AM »
Twin Bill Gottlieb 1955 FS Direct B2s

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=394My exploration via recreating the early post-war games of Williams and Gottlieb to experience the evolution of flipper pinball design and innovation hands-on continues with Gottlieb's Twin Bill. Twin Bill was released in January 1955. Designed by Wayne Neyens with Roy Parker artwork, only 800 Twin Bill games were produced so this game is rare to find today.

Twin Bill, as far as I can tell, is the only game to use its unique scoring scheme with Red and Green points. It also has a twist on the gobble hole theme as the holes light for special when you make 4,500,000 points of the corresponding color. The playfield layout seems inspired by the 1954 game Mystic Mavel, and like that game you light the center tartget for 1, or 2 specials based on hitting the rollover numbers (1-4 lights one special, 5-8 lights another). However in a slight twist on the Mystic Marvel rule set, hitting the target 5 times lights the third special.  Twin Bill takes more skill to light the specials than Mystic Marvel did, and with several different strategies available to pursue, it is easy to start with one and then get distracted by another making it a much more difficult game to beat. All in all, Twin Bill is one of the most unique machines Gottlieb made in this time period, and it is fun and challenging to play. As with all my games, pressing the "R" key gives you game rules.

Table by PBecker1946, mod to FS and b2s by Itchigo.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:43:57 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!