Author Topic: Showtime Chicago Coin 1974 FB DirectB2s  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Showtime Chicago Coin 1974 FB DirectB2s
« on: November 24, 2015, 01:19:17 PM »
Showtime Chicago Coin 1974 FB DirectB2s

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=423This is a mod of Compufox's vp8 Dolphin from Pinball Nirvana. I tried to get permission from him, but he's mia. I really have not modified the table anyway, other than rotating it and adding the backglass code. This uses Wildman's backglass from VPU (thanks). Because of the way the table is coded I cannot make it work for more than 2 players. Compufox used the schematic when writing the code, so he's the only one who understands what's going on here. It was a hell of a time, just getting the backglass functions to work. :Whiteflag: Also, I can't seem to disable the popup at the start of the game asking how many balls per game. Enjoy!! For vp 9.9.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:06:12 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline BorgDog

Re: Showtime Chicago Coin 1974 FB DirectB2s
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »
Neat looking table, I've only played a few times and not on my cabinet but seems to be fun.  To get the popups to stop change lines 88 to 96 to the following, basically hard coding the number of balls and the play option and commenting out the inputbox.

Function chBall()
    BNumb=3 'InputBox("Balls per Game: 3 or 5","What is your NUMBER?",3)
    BtP=BNumb+1
 End Function

Function chStyle()
    GStyle=1 'InputBox("'Replays' = 1 or 'Extra Balls' = 2","What is your STYLE?","1")
    GetTHs()
 End Function   

Or 5 and 2 if you want 5 balls and extra balls instead of replays.

Offline BorgDog

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 07:34:35 PM »
Oh, and I looked through at trying to do the 2 to 4 player conversion and ..  :Whiteflag:

That is an interesting way to code the table, seems logical, but not very user friendly.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
I even had PBecker1946 look at it- no dice. And he told me he's worked in 89 different computer languages, so you know it must be hard to do. (I didn't know there were that many!). I'm guessing Compufox used the actual schematic to script this. Still, this was one of my vp8 favorites I found a backglass for.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline BorgDog

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »
yes, definitely looks like straight off the schematic.  he even coded the score motor with all the different steps, very impressive work, and probably more accurate scoring emulation, etc than the way we do the rest of the tables.  Thanks for this one, fun table on the cab.

Offline randr

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »
great table guys. thanks for sharing it!