Author Topic: Reno - Williams 1957  (Read 4604 times)

Offline pbecker1946

• Administrator
Reno - Williams 1957
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
Reno - Williams 1957

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=485My exploration of the post-war evolution of pinball from the invention of the flipper to the mid 1960's when I was living in the pinball parlor
continues with Williams Reno. Reno was released in September 1957 and was designed by Harry Williams with Art by George Molentin. It is not known how many Reno games were produced.

Two things drew me to recreate this game.   First, I think it is a truly beautiful example of 1950's wood rail games. Second, about a year ago I
moved from Colorado (where I lived for 40 years) to Northern Nevada just south of Reno. It was difficult to pass by a game named after my new home.

Reno calls itself "The biggest little City in the World".  After recreating many Harry Williams games, it is clear that he was a gambler, and in the
1950's Reno had a reputation for low rent gambling and fast divorces. Thus the theme of the game. While the match feature in Reno is advertised as
NEW in the flyer, it isn't really the first Williams game with a match feature. As with all of my games, pressing the "R" key will display the game
rules and feature keys.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:48:38 AM by Itchigo »