Author Topic: Cheap plunger solution  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Cheap plunger solution
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:22:45 AM »
I had to redo my plunger and thought I'd share it. I use a gamepad directly attached to the plunger. My last gamepad lasted a couple years, and I had to replace it. I use a deadzone of 0% on this. The old plunger was a bit more sensitive than this one, but it works just fine. It's a nice alternative to expensive kits. Feel free to share this pic on other forums if you think it might help someone. :Smile:

As you can see I'm using a hoseclamp with a drywall screw through it. The clamp is between the 2 washers so if the plunger is rotated it won't break. The hoseclamp will just spin. The gamepad is just held in place so it can't move, but it's not taking any more abuse than if you moved the stick with your finger. If you have the travel adjusted right, it won't take any abuse.

So in short:

1. Get a gamepad and setup the correct axis before you mount it.

2. Mount it securely and make a linkage (allow for travel).

3. Profit. :Pinball:

! No longer available

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:39:43 AM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline mrkai

Re: Cheap plunger solution
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
I just wanted to let you know that after reading this site for months, stumbling across this post with this damned clever, straightforward solution compelled me to register and reply :)

The fact that it worked well enough for you for years to do this rig again is pretty notable to me...thanks for the clear photo showing how one would do this.

-K

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Cheap plunger solution
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »
Thanks and welcome! It does work well for me, but I have had to replace it as the gamepad went out. I had to change the setup as I couldn't fit the new gamepad in the same place, but the concept is the same.
! No longer available
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!