Author Topic: How to fix Game Issues with Pinball X and Visual Pinball  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Monkplayer

How to fix Game Issues with Pinball X and Visual Pinball
« on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »
I would like to start fixing some pinball game issues with my VP. I'm having issues like;

Missing Backbox
"DMD" is sized to 1/4 of the score board (DMD).
No sound
Game won't start
Digital Plunger plunges but won't actually hit the pinball
Playfield image very poor

Every game is loaded and there isn't any lag with any of the 400+ games. All game play fine but as mentioned above some are missing key components.

My hardware is;
VP Cabs Classic pinball (Recently upgraded by VP Cabs with shaker, plunger, volume control knob on coin door, LED lights)
Win 7 Home Premium, service pack 1
Intel Cire i5-4460, 3.20 Ghz
8 Gb Ram
64 bit operating system

VP operating sytem;

Pinball X (Maybe 2.6.2) Game Manger
Visual Pinball

All three parts of my VP are monitors, so I do not have an actual DMD, but a small monitor/LCD for DMD, Backbox, and 40" LCD for playfield.
Keep the Pinball Rollin!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: How to fix Game Issues with Pinball X and Visual Pinball
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »
Missing Backbox
You'll have to check your Screenres.txt to see what monitor the backglass is supposed to be on. This file is in the same folder as your tables. Do not copy and paste this, this is only for an example.

3This is the number you want to change to move your backglass to the correct screen. This is the number it's seen in Windows as (identify monitors).

"DMD" is sized to 1/4 of the score board (DMD). Not sure, I'll need to research this.

No sound Is there sound on other programs? Like PinballX, does that have sound?

Game won't start Need more specifics on this, what tables, and any errors when attempting to start?

Digital Plunger plunges but won't actually hit the pinball If you're running VP9 you could download one from here in downloads to replace it. Bottom line is before VP had a default plunger image, it was "faked" meaning images were shown like flipping cards. The actual moving part had no image. This would take some work in VP to fix the table, or you could replace it with one of mine. Make sure the new version is named exactly as the old version!!

Playfield image very poor  It's probably an old version, meaning it was done a long time ago, and that's the best image the author had. Unless you want to rebuild the table yourself, there's no easy fix.

You can also find me and other people to help at: http://bbb.bigbangbar.org/  Our chatroom. (Use IE for this).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:59:29 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline coreduo0099

Re: How to fix Game Issues with Pinball X and Visual Pinball
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 06:16:41 PM »
One of the biggest issues i find on older tables is updating the controller for the new backglasses:

- Modify existing table script to change from using VPinMame server to the B2S Server:
    - Open table script
    - If you see 'Choose Controller: 1-VPM, 2-UVP, 3-B2S' near the top of script, change it to option 3
    - Else, search for Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller")        or other out of date controller and change it to     

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")           

Add this at the end, it will keep VP from crashing..

Sub Tablename_Exit ' In some tables this needs to be Table1_Exit
     Controller.Stop
 End Sub