Author Topic: Where are the Pinball game play rules and strategy?  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Monkplayer

Where are the Pinball game play rules and strategy?
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:58:02 AM »
I've got this awesome 362 game VP pin now, but I've been searching every where for a website that has pinball, game play instructions/game rules/game play/rule tips (whatever you want to call it), and it seems to not exist.
Let me state were I've been: IPDB does NOT typically include game instructions on a pin, KLOV, PINSIDE, Daveland ( World Pinball Directory-all web links too), IFPA,
Sites that have some game rules and strategy of play:
Pinball.org (PAPA), pinball news.com, stern pinball.com have some.
If there isn't one then let's make one place that you can find several hundred pinball games rules and strategy, and especially with screen shots of the play fields. It would be a highly visited website! NOTE: let the game owners put up the info, so the site owner won't be doing much of the work.
I've only been able to find 193 games after hours of searching, which is an okay start but many players have 300+ games on their VP.
Keep the Pinball Rollin!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Where are the Pinball game play rules and strategy?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:51:12 AM »
I could make a special section in downloads for members to upload rulesheets. I don't have much time to maintain it, but if it's member maintained just let me know what would work best. We'd have to have some sort of uniformity, as in upload in a text file titled with gamename or whatever.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline bha19

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 06:41:36 AM »
Quite a few of the tables on IPDB have links to rules if someone made one. For example do a search for "The Addams Family" and in the middle it will say rulesheet version 2.0. Also for the newer Stern, JJP etc... games tiltforums usually has rules if you do a google search for say "Stern Star Wars rules" a link to tiltforums will come up. For the older games like eight ball there really is no need for rules since the rules are simple enough to put on the instruction card.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »
I created the Pinball Rulesheets area in downloads. I think text files are probably the easiest, and don't take much space. There is an area for recreated and original tables. So I would do this:

Recreations: Title by Gamename.
Originals: Title by Gamename year, and version (vp9,vp10, etc).

All member already have upload privileges, so I just copied permissions from another category.

Offline cognis

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
This idea of play rules is interesting.  Perhaps even grabbing them to display in the DMD area.   :Bounce:

Offline atrakaviejas

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 04:49:06 PM »
hi,
i have a from a old pack of early vp9 from emule. 694 instructions and rules,some are duplicated or are very basic or empty.i think over 400 works well and can be usefull.
its a txt format,
i upload in a zip in download section?or send in a mail to admin ? only are 3mb in a zip
 im new here

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:19:55 PM »
If you want please add it to this topic. We have a generous filesize limit (I think it's 50mb).

If someone wants to separate it by table I have an area made for the individual games (text or zip).

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=39