Author Topic: VPX Respolution Issue- PLEASE HELP if possible  (Read 3411 times)

Offline xxxrhc3xxx

VPX Respolution Issue- PLEASE HELP if possible
« on: April 15, 2020, 12:36:34 PM »
Hello, I have a problem with VPX reading the wrong resolution for my second monitor(backglass).  All the typical settings are correct including screenres.txt, nvidia settings, and computer display settings but yet VPX lists my second monitor as 5760x3240 which decreases the backglass image to a small image in the corner.  This only effects some of my games not all, many of my games read the correct settings.  If I modify the screenres.txt file and list monitor 2 as 5760x3240 it fixes the games that appear small but the games that are reading correctly are now too small.  I know this is really weird, when I first installed VPX the correct resolution showed in the vpx video settings as it was supposed to(1920x1080)(windowed), somehow it changed and there is no correct option.  The following URL pictures will explain iy all if you are patient enough to view them. 

Here they are:

Offline xxxrhc3xxx

Re: VPX Respolution Issue- PLEASE HELP if possible
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »
Problem RESOLVED!!!  After much BS and Hours of trial and error.   :Censored:

I went into the VPX control panel video settings and set everything wrong then saved changes.  I then went back in and set it correctly then saved those changes and all seems to be fine!  All tables working as they should.  For some reason many of the tables must not have grabbed the vpx settings the first time. 

VPX still shows that stupid screen 2 resolution at 5760/3240 but the tables must all now be reading the screenres.txt properly now.  The resolve doesn't really make sense but it did work.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: VPX Respolution Issue- PLEASE HELP if possible
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 07:00:20 AM »
Glad you got it fixed!
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!