Author Topic: Alive! (Brunswick 1978) 1.1  (Read 10191 times)

Offline dboyrecords

Alive! (Brunswick 1978) 1.1
« on: December 14, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »
Alive! (Brunswick 1978) 1.1

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=430Original table by Wrenchien. New images from Google. Ball rolling sounds thanks to STAT. BG help from Itchigo. Testing and tweaking by Kiwi.
1.1 imprved backglass image.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:07:38 PM by Itchigo »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Alive! (Brunswick 1978)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 02:28:27 AM »
Thanks!!
Think I'm going to have to mod this....

Let's see what I can do with adding more backglass stuff and cleaning up the code... :Whistle:
Oh, and uh, multiple players.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
This is a really incomplete table! No game over, tilt, etc. I know this had no match and stuff like that, but it had a game over function- if not a game over light. I'm taking a break from my job stuff and laying this out better. I know it was done a long time ago before certain things which we have now- weren't there when this was made. Still the OBC part of me is optimizing this. :Green:

Offline stefanaustria

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:14:09 AM »
TILT is just an "OUCH" Text ... ( see at ipdb ), if you want an upgraded Table, dboy, let me know ...  :Wink:
GAME OVER is a light ( have read in Manual, ipdb ), and other Lights (Bonus, blabla ...)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:21:26 AM by stefanaustria »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 01:27:34 PM »
The "Ouch" thing is something I haven't done. I can't do stuff like that in DB2s unless it's a snippet.

You're more than welcome to put it up when you have it done. My personal view is as long as the author didn't say "no way, don't want it out ever", Give the original author credit and say what you changed/improved. Depriving the community of a nicer table just because the author left the scene and can't be found, just isn't right. In most cases if you did find them- they'd likely say "OK". So doing something like "I updated Itchigo's table with better graphics" shows respect to the original author IMO. A lot of the 2 screen cabinet tables in my collection in downloads are ones I made a backglass for.

For example:  http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=84

By the way I don't know how far along you are, but I have 4 player support on mine. I haven't added tilt on mine yet, but I have a copy and paste routine for that. I went through the coding though (it was bugging me to optimize it :Whistle:) I have the whole thing down to 165 lines from 375. :Green:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:33:03 PM by Itchigo »

Offline elvisontour2001

Re: Alive! (Brunswick 1978) 1.1
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:55:59 AM »
Loved this machine when it came out in 1978. My pop worked at Sears, and they had one on the sales floor...

Offline cognis

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 10:24:09 AM »
Our Sears had a small area with arcade games like Sea Hunt and Space Wars, not to mention a kiosk to play Atari and Intellivision.  This particular table was at the roller skating rink. 

Offline roccodimarco

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »
Hey guys, I was the one who recreated this table to vpx.  I did my best to get all the correct sounds working on the table.  As for the ouch, I wasn't able to figure that out either, but if anyone would want to go in and take a look by all means go for it!