Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 7961 times)

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
Happy New Year
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »
Well, it's January 1, 2013, the beginning of a new year.  I personally hope that 2013 is a better year.  Although it was a rough ride, we all did survive 2012, especially December 21.  Someone once asked me what I thought was going to happen on 12/21/12, to which I simply replied, "I don't know about the end of the world, but I know that Kiefer Sutherland will be celebrating his birthday." LOL! 

I don't like to make New Year's resolutions because I don't like breaking promises, even to myself.  It just sets one up for a look back at all the stuff you said you were going to do and didn't, and in the end, feeling like a failure.   The only New Years resolutions that I make are the one's that I know I will keep like not making any New Year's resolutions.  Hey wait, making a resolution to not make a resolution is a resolution - well, that's a bit of a oxymoron isn't it?  LOL!

But I have decided one thing, which isn't a resolution, but more like a statement...I'm no longer going to let someone have power over me by upsetting me with their drama.  Way too much of that went on in 2012, and there will no doubt be some in 2013 as well, but I'm going to try my very best to to let it roll off of me and to not effect me mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually.  All this can do is to alleviate my stress and disharmony, and hopefully this action will spread to others.

I wish everyone Love, Light, Prosperity, and Peace in the New Year!

Rukia
 :-*
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!

Offline faralos

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
now that all the broohaha has passed with Tim opening this site and Dazz running his
hopefully that drama crap they both went through will be vastly downplayed this year
I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »
I would hope so, but I don't expect anything. So long as vpf is a buisness it likely will continue. I'm not going to try to sell you anything here. If we got popular I'd think about shirts and keychains, but it would be for members to be able to show support, not to make money. Probably nothing beyond those items either.

Personally, I think vp would benefit from multiple sites. What do they say about putting all your financial assets in one fund- DON'T! Why should vp be any different? I think Dazz is doing it right over there. He's taken enourmous input from everyone. He plans to have third party vendors, not his own line of stuff. Contrast that with something I saw at vpf a while ago. (I sometimes read unlogged if something catches me). I guess the guy from GroovyGameGear was thinking of making his version of the Ipac specifically for cabs. He must have gotten the bum's rush because I can't find the thread, or the member.

But anyway, here's to a better new year, new jobs for some (or those who are looking), and many great tables to play when you're off that new job! :)
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:17:46 AM »
now that all the broohaha has passed with Tim opening this site and Dazz running his
hopefully that drama crap they both went through will be vastly downplayed this year

If no one feeds into it, it'll just go by the waste side...like all other crap.

Rukia
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!