Author Topic: The B2s Editor  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
The B2s Editor
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »
As the B2s Editor hadn't been officially released yet I got into some trouble by putting it up too early. All is well, now, but I did have to take it down as it hasn't been released yet. It was my fault, I thought 1.0 was the official release, and saw a buttload of comments at vpf (the one active topic I'm still subscribed to) about how great it was, and assumed it had been released. We do have permission from Herweh to host it here, but it was too early. I did apologize to him.
All that being said, I can tell you about it. There are two parts, the server, and the editor itself. The server is used to run the backglass, if you never create, all you need is this. Run the registry tool, as administrator (in 7), and dump the server files in the folder you'll run the table from. In the case of a vpm table you need to change this:

Set Controller = CreateObject("Vpinmamecontroller")  to this:

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")
You also need a copy of your screenres.txt file in your tables folder.
For vpm, that's all you need to do to play.
For originals, or em's they should be done, out of the box.

As far as making a B2s here's the coding for an original or em:

Dim Controller
Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")
Controller.B2SName = "ItchysB2sreadytemplate"  ' *****!!!!This must match the name of your directb2s file, and the table name!!!!
Controller.Run()

Then you just add the calls to the B2s objects, be they lights, or reels. The coding is the same as turning on/off lights because essentially, that's all the objects are.

Controller.B2SSetData 18,1                This turns on the light with the ID of 18, lightstate1
Controller.B2SSetscore 6,Credits        This is similar to coding a reel. Setscore is the similar part, 6 is the ID, and Credits is the parameter.

The lights can also be used as textboxes with letters in them. There are also some lights that are predone. For instance:
Controller.B2SSetTilt 33,0    The Tilt light is always ID'ed as  33, select it as tilt and it ID's itself as 33. B2sSetData means that the light being used does not have a preassigned ID, and I used 18 as the ID.

That's essentially how it's coded- easy.

When my template comes out it will have all this in there. All you will have to do is uncomment all B2s lines (anything with the word "Controller" in it), and you'll have a precoded backglass, then you just add your image to in the editor. So you build as normal for desktop, uncomment, and stretch the table for FS.

That's all there is to it. ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:19:45 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Pinball Buzz

Re: The B2s Editor
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Itchy, looking forward to trying out the editor. Cheers Buzz :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »
You're lovin that Tapatalk, huh? :)

Offline Pinball Buzz

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »
Too right Itchy
Bloody marvellous :D
There is no stopping me now - I can sneakily post at work ;D
Cheers Buzz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »
The editor is up in downloads, check it out! :)