Author Topic: JP's Bad Cats VP8; ball jumps center ramp, goes in doghouse 'back door...'  (Read 4778 times)

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
...and I don't think a back door is supposed to exist.

First, the jump problem; the ramp entry, named rrampbottom, is 0 bottom height and 7 top height, (I'm assuming that means it starts at playfield level and ends 7 units above the playfield) but the ramp (fishramp to ramp5 to ramp10) is 90 units high, AND overhangs rrampbottom by 142.5 units---seems to me that in the real world, a ball would get jammed under the 90-unit-high fishramp, or at very least, stop cold before drifting to one side and dropping to the flippers.

I've looked in Wizards Hat's 2-part tutorial and Cold 1's Visual Pinball Guide, but didn't see anything that explained how a 7 joins up with a 90.

Now, the 'back door': the ball escapes the ramp in two ways; either by traveling straight up toward the top of the table instead of following the left-handed 'questionmark' , or being somehow deflected obliquely to the right. In either case, the ball winds up on top of Wall303 (a Plastic on the real machine) which covers the triangular area behind the doghouse and between bumpers 1 & 2 and the inner wall(?) of the shooter lane. Somehow, the ball gets through the back wall of the doghouse, and often requires tilting before it'll shake loose. This problem should cease to be a problem if I can keep the ball from leaving the ramp.

Oh---the left ramp also has a 0-to-7 entry (leftin) and a 90-unit-high ramp, but there have been no 'escapes' on that one.

Cheers, Rogues, and thanks for the answers. :cheers:

Gregg

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Sorry, I've been kind of busy. I'll have to look at this today at work. I'm not familiar with this one, although I have the vp9. A quick answer would be to increase the ramp wall height. (Sides)

Edit: The fishramp goes from 0-90. Increase the physical wall height. Top height and bottom height are just ends of the ramps. In other words, top an bottom depend on which way the ramp is facing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:37:21 AM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
? So, the 'Bottom' and 'Top' of a ramp are determined by the direction of ball travel and not distance above the playfield surface?.....and rrampbottom is overlapping the bottom of fishramp, and not the other way around?

What about, for instance, walls (which appear to be horizontally-oriented Plastics) with Top height 55, Bottom height 52, or other similarly close number pairs; are these referring to distance above the board?
Rather than me boring people to death with dumb questions, is there a tutorial that covers these kinds of things?

G

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
I can handle dumb questions, as I work at ******. :banghead: Trust me, I've asked em all. Top and bottom are just names-that's all. You can spin that ramp around and reverse the numbers and it'll work just the same. :smileyfarting_fire:
By the way, 0 is playfield level. That's all you need to remember. :avatar3539_2:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:28:10 PM by Itchigo »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Were you able to get things going?