Author Topic: How many times has autosave saved YOUR ass?  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
How many times has autosave saved YOUR ass?
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »
OMG, I'm still in shock and wonder.... I go to open Olympics...I was just working on it this morning, and it comes up as a version from a month ago!! OMG, I'm in shock here! :yell:  I look at  properties, and it was last modified, 12:50 this afternoon!! Yet an old copy from 3-27, looks exactly the same!! I'm panicing here, I don't want to lose a month of work!!  :hellno:I take an autosave out of the recycle bin, and it looks like what I was working on this morning. Phew!!!!! I quickly rename and replace it. This has me stumped, this has never happened  before, because what I'm concerned about is the "last modified" date. This is what I go by to work on and save things. I don't save a copy on every computer, I save it on a flashdrive, and copy it periodicly to my desktop/cab. If the "last modified" date is wrong, how can I keep track? All those times, I found it soooooooo annoying that autosave was going off and slowing vp while doing so now have a different feel to it when it goes off. :banghead:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline faralos

Re: How many times has autosave saved YOUR ass?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:52:41 AM »
if you have been reading up on the crashes that JediMart and I
  have been having recently with vp you'd know that vp likes to crash at odd times
usually corrupting a pin save when it goes
I always make backups for ANYTHING I put into a table
even changing or creating just one light I save the pin
and make another copy on my desktop of it just in case
I also have about five corrupted pin saves on a zipstick of numerous pins
that don't even load up any more due to vp crashing and screwing up the save while doing so
so in answer to your question...about ten times my butt got saved due to the autosave in vp
what I usually do is work on the pin then every ten minutes or so make acopy of that table to desktop
erasing the older one so I KNOW that in case vp crashes again
I have pretty recent copy of the pin to use as backup

I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken