Author Topic: Encounters of the feline kind  (Read 5340 times)

Offline ndiniz

Encounters of the feline kind
« on: April 29, 2013, 02:21:15 AM »
Have you ever walked around your neighborhood, and for some reason, out of nowhere, a cat comes up to you and demands attention? This happened to me at least once, and I don't know how long ago it was, but it was hilarious! There was this adorable black cat who literally came up to me out of nowhere, and demanded that I pet it. Every time I sat down, the cat would plant itself right on my lap, as if it had known me all along. I doubt that the black cat "Big Boy" I had would be the cat that did this to me, but he was a black cat too, and he loved to lay on my lap. Even my other black cat Nubey was a lap loving cat. He gave the best massages, always loved purring me to sleep, and definitely loved being held, and each day when he saw me for the first time, he'd run up to me, give me a hug, and meow at me. He was quite a handsome cat with a nice personality. He was also quite silly. I'd tease him by putting my fingers under the covers of my bed, and he'd playfully jump at them.

Offline faralos

Re: Encounters of the feline kind
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »
The first time I went to my girlfriends house both she and her mom warned me of their cats
 neither they said were 'lap cats' as one of them climbed onto my lap
 and proceeded to fall asleep, while the other one rubbed itself around my lower legs
 in that catty way they have
 when the first one woke up they both wanted their ears 'scritched' so I 'scritched' them
they are now my lap cats whenever I go there but I am the only male they pay any attention to!
Cats sure are weird people!!
I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »
I have to admit that cats are hilarious! They can be sometimes very persnickety cats, and some can be so dog like, it's really funny! Most cats I've met really like me. My aunt Loxie's cat BooBoo is a good example. I met him for the first time last summer, and what a sweet cat he was! He came up to me, rubbed my legs, and then demanded that I rub his belly! I couldn't pass that up! Afterwards, he gave me a big kiss on the face, and purred loudly in my ear. I can tell you that I have been affectionately called a "cat magnet" by my friends & family that I see often, and I tell them "I don't know why I'm a cat magnet, but I don't mind being one, and I love being one, because maybe, just maybe, I can't help the fact that cats I've met have charmed me in some way!"

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »
I've been called a cat magnet too, but I don't think cat was the term they used..... :pointandlaugh:
Seriously though, Rukia has called me a cat magnet more than once. I wouldn't give cats up for anything. Been bitten/chased by too many dogs...
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
I love it when they flop over and look at you upside down. It really gives me the giggles.

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »
Really feel sorry for cats on a day like today ... 93 degrees F ... in the shade! How do they keep from melting under all that fur??

Or wait ... could that be why they sleep in a/c all day, and then go out and have fun all night?  :Green:
-PeterMac

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »
LOL! I think they like to "go on the prowl" at night, because I do know that they are indeed nocturnal animals.

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »
I've been called a cat magnet too, but I don't think cat was the term they used..... :pointandlaugh:
Seriously though, Rukia has called me a cat magnet more than once. I wouldn't give cats up for anything. Been bitten/chased by too many dogs...

You've been bitten by a cat too! 

Love,
Smudge and Rukia
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!