Main Forum > Tim's Rants

Perhaps not the best choice of words.....

(1/2) > >>

Itchigo:
I came across this on Linked.com, I hate to say it, but this is the new mentality. So, is this what Wal-Mart thinks of it's drivers? Wasted space? I'm all for efficiency, but this is a poor way to put it. Nevermind the fact that cab-overs are no longer made (by order only). That's mainly due to the fact that they beat you up. You're sitting over the front tires- you feel EVERYTHING! In addition to this, don't expect to be able the "wrap" the trailer around with the front overhang. You'll knock the cab right off the chassis if you do. Maybe this is why I can't get back into management, I think of employees as people.

Rukia:
Here, you'll need this!

Rukia

Pintrepid:
They're just a bunch of Dilberts there at Wal-Mart Corporate. Mr. Wasteofspace needed something to show the higher-ups that he was saving x amount of dollars by making things efficient. So he comes up with this garbage on paper, and talks in Corporatese ... sells 'em ice when they're already in Alaska.

The problem is that anything looks good on paper! I can sketch up a device that's supposed to attach to your ASS which will take your flatulence and convert it into energy that will power everything in your house, and run your car, too! But getting it to work, that's another matter!

This is the exact type o thing that some retard at UPS came up with. They'll plan the routes for their drivers, and install GPS systems in their trucks, so that every turn they make is right hand only. Right hand turns are far easier, and substantially less time and resource consuming, than left turns ... so all the routes they take are absolutely efficient. But I'd just love to see the moron who thought of it go on at least one shift and make the deliveries on his great new idea! Whatta buncha SHYTE!!!!

faralos:
but they still pay the walmart drivers minimum wages
NOT by the mile as most truckers are
the ad I saw was for a driver for ten bucks an hour to drive a van (trailer to you guys)
and you needed a CDL A with a hazmat endorsement too
heck if I had that type of license I'd be working already!
sucks to have just a CDL B with no endorsements at all

Pintrepid:

--- Quote from: faralos on June 10, 2013, 09:18:31 PM ---but they still pay the walmart drivers minimum wages
NOT by the mile as most truckers are
the ad I saw was for a driver for ten bucks an hour to drive a van (trailer to you guys)
and you needed a CDL A with a hazmat endorsement too
heck if I had that type of license I'd be working already!
sucks to have just a CDL B with no endorsements at all

--- End quote ---

I know ... you can get a job as a schoolbus bus driver!  :Wink: Maybe even a little more than minimum wage! You might even make more than I do at my manufacturing job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version