Author Topic: This is what happened to my profession?  (Read 12417 times)

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
Re: This is what happened to my profession?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36:13 AM »
Of course not!
 Seems no one wants to hire a person who hasn't worked since Jan of 2011
I am so depressed today due to no one ever calling me back on ANY job interview
thanks though...

Faralos,

I've been out of work for around 4 years and no one will hire me either. It's a madhouse out there and it's not going to get easier. There was a report about males 25 to 49 years old are not being hired. I have no idea why, but I'm in that bracket and it really is terrible how all the jobs are going overseas. I hate to say this, but the place I worked for 4 years ago had illegal mexicans and one day we told them all "tomorrow immigration is coming".

NOT ONE  OF THEM SHOWED UP. No joke. I wonder if they're illegals? Hmmmmm.

The folks that live in the US and born in the US SHOULD get first dibs on jobs. PERIOD. BUT NOOOOOO.

Now the govt wants to give "clemency" to all those that are here illegally. WHY??? RIDICULOUS. We can't go to mexico and get a job over there - they won't allow it and they enforce it, but our wonderful US of A is going to make something like this happen???? What the hell is our people in the govt up to?

DAMN.
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »
The folks that live in the US and born in the US SHOULD get first dibs on jobs. PERIOD. BUT NOOOOOO.

Absofriggenlutely. If you are a citizen then yes, you should have first dibs. Whether you were born here or not makes no difference. If you weren't born here, but got through the correct procedures, you should be afforded all the perks of being a full citizen. Just mho.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »

Absofriggenlutely. If you are a citizen then yes, you should have first dibs. Whether you were born here or not makes no difference. If you weren't born here, but got through the correct procedures, you should be afforded all the perks of being a full citizen. Just mho.

Honestly, I think the problem here is that folks are not having enough kids so the GOVT can have enough taxpayers for the future. I think this might be the reason for the immigration crap. There was a recent article about this and less and less folks are having kids.

I don't blame them though; look how screwed up our GOVT is and how they are running this country into the ground; they can't even balance their own budget and expect us to live on paltry amounts of $. If we can do it, they SHOULD be able to!

The problem with this is that the GOVT is raping each and everyone of us, spending too much tax payer dollars and then they keep raising taxes, raising the minimum wage and etc; this isn't friggin' helping!

It was NEVER like this in the 70's and 80's. I always tell folks after 1992 this country went down the toilet.

The reason ObamaCRAP has been passed is not just for the insurance companies to make money, but for the GOVT to make money too - I mean look at policies and the amounts folks could afford. Now companies have TRIPLED or QUADRUPLED the amount they want to be paid. This is BULLPOOP.

Companies are now letting people go, shutting down and taking their work to other countries. I guess that's good since we tax the crap out of EVERYTHING that is over here and not the imports that come into the country. SWITCH IT AROUND!!!!! DUH!!!!

This would not only save ass, but in the long run keep jobs here in the US and having the imports taxed would bring in consistant revenue but the GOVT doesn't see this. They really have their heads up their asses so far up inside that they'll NEVER figure out how to run this country.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:02:29 PM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.