Author Topic: Oh Hell No!  (Read 13090 times)

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
Oh Hell No!
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
Run away! Run away!!

Rukia
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Oh Hell No!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:34:44 PM »
Must....wash....eyes. Did I mention spider pics were banned? :Rolleyes:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 05:34:47 AM »
Yeah---you'll need fresh eyes to watch out for the mother; she eats alligators!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
I have a phobia about this. A very long time ago (I was 8) I got bitten by one about 2/3 the size of this one. The one that bit me I'm guessing to be about 5 or 6 inches (with legs), solid black fur. It wrapped itself around my wrist, and I just kept flinging my arm into the side of the cabin until it fell off. To this day, I've brushed up against a wall and come up with a small one on my arm- I think nothing of smacking my hand into a wall to remove it. Instant reaction. I feel no pain, I am not even aware I do this until I have hit the wall. Like I said- instant reflex.

Thanks for pushing this off the top of the page Gregg!! You're getting karma for this! :Cool:

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 10:07:03 PM »
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 06:27:51 AM »
.....I got bitten by one about 2/3 the size of this one. The one that bit me I'm guessing to be about 5 or 6 inches (with legs)
I didn't draw any scale reference from the pic; neither with the spider or the lizard, but whenever I make contact with the carbon-fiber monofilament known as Black Widow's Web, I rehash my repertoire of hideous things to do to its maker. I once went to check out a seventies' Toyota Corona (repair job---not to purchase) and saw such a web and removed it with a wooden dowel (DAV flagstick reserved for that purpose), searched until I was satisfied that the maker had departed, and then inserted myself into what little space there was, thanks to lots of other STUFF in the garage, under the car. Wiggling this and squeezing that, I was pretty well woven in when I felt something stirring in my upper anterior starboard follicles; that something emerged from said follicles and leisurely sauntered down my forehead, across my eyebrows and down the left side of my face to my shirt (at which time I could no longer feel its passage) to finally cross the floor where I could SEE that it was no longer on any part of me, and I began the process of extracting my arms from what had seemed like a maze of caverns. A backhand swipe sent whatever it was (it had been too close to focus on) against the inner corner of the garage wall, at which point her identity was revealed---The Webmaker! (or one of her kids)

I just kept flinging my arm into the side of the cabin until it fell off.
"It"---the spider, or your arm? :Lol:

Unlike James Bond in DR NO, I didn't bash it repeatedly with a shoe and then barf, but as I had a can of aerosol carb'n'choke cleaner handy I just doused her until she left me alone. After all, I had a Toyota to diagnose.....

By the way; I no longer have the book, but I remember enough of the story to fill someone in on the part that WASN'T shown in the movie.....

Sleep tight, all!

Oh, by the way; sorry to be late replying, but apparently email notifications are selectively down(?)  I've received them for Rukia's inspirations, etc.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »
I had to look it up, but I think this should do it.

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:43:54 PM »
Thanks, Tim---it turns out that 'Turn on notifications...' wasn't checked (coulda sworn it was) so let the arachnicide begin!

G

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
Unlike James Bond in DR NO, I didn't bash it repeatedly with a shoe and then barf, but as I had a can of aerosol carb'n'choke cleaner handy I just doused her until she left me alone. After all, I had a Toyota to diagnose.....

Chemical warfare .... veeeeery effective! It's very interesting to see how various arachnids and other unwanted creatures respond to some of the industrial chemicals I have on the job. But in the end, that will do away with them most effectively.  :Cool:
-PeterMac

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »
I just doused her until she left me alone.
But in the end, that will do away with them most effectively.  :Cool:
Heh. I wasn't exaggerating about dousing the BW; although the spray has a low boiling point and puts most arachnoid vermin into permanent cryo-sleep, a BW waits until the fluid has evaporated and then comes looking for the bastard that tried to get her drunk and take advantage of her.

Do I like that? OH HELL NO! :Cussing: (Thread title gratuitously inserted)

Forty or so years ago, a company named Cooke sold Ant Barrier and Spider Kill, two products containing Chlordane, and THAT stuff was effective, even against BWs. Unfortunately, Chlordane was banned a few years later, so now we are left mostly with the shoe. And carb spray.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »
I have a phobia about this. A very long time ago (I was 8) I got bitten by one about 2/3 the size of this one. The one that bit me I'm guessing to be about 5 or 6 inches (with legs), solid black fur. It wrapped itself around my wrist, and I just kept flinging my arm into the side of the cabin until it fell off. To this day, I've brushed up against a wall and come up with a small one on my arm- I think nothing of smacking my hand into a wall to remove it. Instant reaction. I feel no pain, I am not even aware I do this until I have hit the wall. Like I said- instant reflex.

Thanks for pushing this off the top of the page Gregg!! You're getting karma for this! :Cool:

When I was a little kid, my parents caught me playing with black widow spiders. I just loved them because of the "hourglass" on the bellies of them. Today, I have no issues with killing them - I'll make a fist and POW they're dead. They don't bother me too much. The only ones I can't stand are those flipping jumping ones - they scare the hell out of me since they jump right at you.

Have no problems with tarantulas either; I would like to have a few personally someday down the road.
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.