Author Topic: "Hello World!"  (Read 126 times)

Offline TallaNasty312

"Hello World!"
« on: April 07, 2021, 11:17:14 AM »
I'm happy to see the Visual Pinball community flourishing in these trying times. My first experience with Visual Pinball was way back when I was a kid, looking for an alternative to morphing cardboard boxes into pinball machines using tape and marbles (Visual Pinball 7). I played with VP on a Packard Bell Win98 box, and later a Gateway WinXP box (both discarded by my father from his workplace). Before I discovered IRPinball, I recall creating a horrible clone of NBA Fastbreak using AddScore and EMReels.

2 years ago, I "got my life together" and have been working a tech-related job that actually involves using a form of VBScript (periodically on a billed basis), which reminded me of the good ol' days. Man have times changed, and I'd say for the better overall. There seems to have been great strides in the development of VP and skill of table creators, in spite of the detractors packing hard drives and selling them on eBay.

In my "adult dwelling," I have a 1974 Gottlieb Sky Jump (repaired while in high school) and a recently-working VP cabinet. I'd say I'm rather proficient with troubleshooting software related issues and interpreting errors so if anyone sees a weird error code or experiences "software anomalies," please don't hesitate to ping me with an error code or logfile.  :Smile:

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: "Hello World!"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 09:34:30 PM »
IRP, I remember that when I started lol. Welcome! :Cool:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!