Author Topic: I have something for Itchigo to  (Read 16726 times)

Offline slashbot

I have something for Itchigo to
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:20:23 PM »
Because i like the site i made this for Itchigo, hope you like it?

My request for 2014 is that you make some VP920 video lightning tutorial...

Rogue pinball
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:31:19 PM by slashbot »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: I have something for Itchigo to
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »
OMG, That is SOOOO COOL!! :Cool:

Thank you!!!

I will try to learn 920 assuming it's different than other versions.

Right now I've had this, but it's very basic. I don't know a lot of the tricks other than lit/unlit images. It doesn't mean I can't learn, but my strength has been in building and coding so far.

Are you looking to do something specific? Or just general stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHgU4HaHcO0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:16:40 AM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:33:18 PM »
Slashbot! That was totally awesome, dude!   :Hi: Thanks very much for that. I think we all here at the Rogue enjoyed that very much.  :Green:

You're very good at video editing! If you have any more videos, please give us a link, I'd love to see more.

I think we might have to see what we can do to improve the site so that we can live up to the level you portrayed us as having.

Of course, we're always open to suggestions for what you, or any of our members, would like to see here at the Rogue. If you have any suggestions, by all means please tell, and we'll be happy to see what we can do.

As Itchy said, I'm not quite up to speed with VP 9.2 ... I wish I had more time to give to the hobby. I'm still getting used to VP 915 and have yet to get used to the new features they put into 916.

But since you've expressed an interest in that, we may start looking into that.

As far as I know, VP92 is still in beta testing, yes? And I have no idea what the new features are. Could you update us about that? What is it and what changes have been made? Is it made more for cabinet tables, or will it still work for desktops as well? Thanks for any insight you might have.

Thanks again for the video  :Cool: loved it!
-PeterMac

Offline slashbot

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:59:07 AM »
I enjoyed the tutorials Itchigo made for b2s coding and how to create a db2s backglass and tought it would be nice to see some more video tutorials in 2014.
For VP 920 its not beta anymore and there is no changelog as far as i know, but the new GI lightning looks beautiful and was thinking to learn howto add some light fx's by myself.

I like the Rogue website because its a kind of different compared to the others (interviews,table reviews,Rukia's...) its nice Itchigo started his own site.

btw I made some video for Pinballx forum also (my flipperfriend Spikey who plays the new F14 tomcat table on my cabinet and beats his own highscore wich he cold beat not at home). Tom put it at the homepage.
Anyway I had fun making the video for you all, and im glad you like it also, use it whatever u want.
Im not a video editor and have no other video's but if u like something in specefic i can try to make it.

Offline faralos

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »
WOW Kewl Rogue now has its own commercial!
that is a cool looking video you threw together for Itch!
 now how about a tutorial on how to use 9.2?
or even to get it running without stutter
what I would love to sere is GI lighting broken down for us laypeople
 OR a tutorial on how to do animations on the back glasses
or heck even making one in the b2s thing
I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »
After a long day in the snow that video just blew me away. :Smile:

Someone who is relatively unknown here is my friend Phil (PBecker1946). He's responsible for all the unique and wonderful woodrails we have. (It would be great if we could add a couple of his in the video).

The way I do lighting is probably considered "the old way", but it does work. I'll try to put something together this weekend, but graphics are not my strong suit.

Faralos: I already have videos on the backglass editor. The main difference between the way I do animations and the way you're supposed to do animations is direct b2s already has animations built into it. I prefer to use vp to call all the direct b2s lights.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Pinball_Wolvi

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 06:51:46 AM »
what a great video slashbot...wow :Cool: