Author Topic: Time to move on!  (Read 5100 times)

Offline ndiniz

Time to move on!
« on: November 23, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
I have some important news to tell you guys.....

About 2 weeks ago (almost) I had my 10th week of the pinball league for the fall season, and I had originally anticipated that this would be the last time the league would have normal competition until the final tournament. I was indeed proven wrong. Last week was the last time the league would have normal competition until the final tournament.

Anyways, I had a friend of mine on the league drive me home, and then..... that's when things changed. But, before I tell you what happened when I came home, I would like to tell you that what I am about to say is 100% true. Me & my brother Dominick did not have a decent relationship with our dad. My dad & I somewhat DID have some sort of relationship, but not as well as either of us had liked to have had. As for Dominick, he didn't have as good of a relationship with our dad as I did.

As soon as I came home, I noticed that my uncle John's vehicle was in our driveway, and I thought to myself "What in the world is my uncle John doing here at this hour, this late?" (The time was around maybe 8:30 to 9:00 PM) Well, the next thing I know, I go in, and not only is my uncle John here at the house, so was my aunt Mary & my aunt Gilda. My grandparents were here, of course. My grandma is crying, and asks me to sit down. Turns out that my dad had passed away. He was 55 years old.

How it all happened? I'm not sure. All I heard was that he had been sick for a few weeks, and had a severe case of sore throat. He had been feeling better, and I did talk to him the weekend before this all happened. At some point Tuesday the 12th in the afternoon, he had gone to the hospital complaining that he wasn't feeling well. He had received some medication, and on his way out, he collapsed. He called 911, but by the time they arrived, it was too late.

Originally, my grandma thought that my dad & I could live with each other in Texas. I for one didn't agree with her, because for one thing, my dad was the only person I know to live in Wichita Falls, Texas. Not only that, I felt that my dad & I would never be able to repair our relationship. I never mentioned this to my grandma, but as a human, I felt that my well-being on an emotional level and on a personal level was going to be destroyed. I felt that if I was going to live with my dad, I would've legally taken him to court to fight for my right to live where I wanted to live. I would only have forced myself to live with him if I had no other choice.

A few days later (Thursday the 14th) I was at the bowling alley and told some of my friends there what had happened. I received a lot of support. My friends were concerned about me, and my grandparents. My grandma & grandpa were my dad's parents. Me & my family here in Illinois had seen him during Thanksgiving 2 years before. I came home and found out that my grandma & my step-mom Bonnie had a discussion with each other. (Bonnie & my family in SD is who I've visited every summer for the last 3 years, and in the winter of either 2009 or 2010) Her & I, and many others on her side of the family have quite a tight relationship. My grandma had told me that she & my step-mom Bonnie thought that me living with Bonnie was the best thing to do, and my grandma smiled at me when she said this. I did have plans to originally live with my step-mom, my brothers Dominick, and Buddy, and my step-dad Bernie. I also had plans to work at a place called Freidel's Music & Recreation, which is situated somewhere in downtown Mobridge, SD. They're just like Melody Music here in Champaign, IL where I used to work at. I had taken a tour with my brother Dominick there at Freidel's and I felt like a kid in a candy store. The guy who owns the place has a LOT of old school games & stuff, and I was told by my brother Dominick that his boss & he would absolutely love to have me on the team. So, I am going to indeed move to Mobridge, SD at some point, and that might be as early as this summer. Since my brother Dominick & I are the only heirs to my dad, and my dad did not have a living will, it will take up to at least nearly a year before my brother Dominick & I know if we both become inheritors of anything.

My brother Dominick just came to visit a few days ago, on his way back to Mobridge, SD from Wichita Falls, Texas, and he will be back again at some point in the next few months on his way back from Texas.

I, for one, am glad that I will be able to enjoy a new chapter in my life, and since I have a lot of friends here, everyone at VPF, and everyone here at Rogue will be part of that new chapter in my life. In the meantime, if any news regarding this situation breaks out, you'll be the first ones to hear about it!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Time to move on!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »
Nate, I'm sorry to hear this. If you ever need someone to talk to I'll be around. I'm sure all of us will be. We'll try to get you through.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:16:21 PM »
Not a problem itchy. I am quite fine at the moment. I'm looking at the huge positive side of moving out to live with my family in SD.

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dad, Nate. 55 ... that's far too young, no matter what. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be around, too. I'll see you in the BBB sometime, or drop a note here. Hope things work where you can get on with your life soon.
-PeterMac

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »
Sending you blessings!
Rukia
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 01:54:03 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words. It is too early to tell exactly what date I will be moving, but as soon as I know, I'll let you guys know. I can hardly wait for my new life to begin. I am quite sure that there will be a party of some kind for me when I arrive in SD. After all, my family knows how to throw a great party.

There are many cats that my family members have, and I am absolutely 100% sure that they'll be more than delighted to see me more often than they usually do, and the downtown pet shop has a very affectionate cat named Cisco who is a purebred Himalayan cat, and a pure black cat named Coal. I'll never forget the first hug Cisco gave me. He certainly became quite fond of me, and I of course grew fond of him. At some point within the next 6 to 8 months (beginning December 1st), I will be seeing him, among many other cats in the area more often, and I am especially looking forwards to giving some tender loving care to my aunt Loxie's cat named BooBoo! He's pure black, and is as sweet as can be.

I also look forwards to the fact that I may end up going back to working on Pinball machines & video games again. Should be a lot of fun.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 03:56:41 AM »
I know we had talked before, but I didn't want to seem like a jerk, and not post anything.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »
It's OK itchy. No need to be worried about being a jerk. You are certainly not a jerk to me. You are a friend, and you always will be. SO THERE!  :Wink:

Offline ndiniz

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 05:49:41 PM »
Tomorrow marks Thanksgiving, and it also marks one of the last holidays I'll spend with my family here in Illinois. I am glad to have been part of their holiday celebrations for 2 decades. It feels strange knowing that come next year, I won't be celebrating the holidays with my grandparents, my 2 aunts, my 1 uncle, my 2 cousins, and their friends here on Thanksgiving & Christmas. But, on the bright side of things, I have quite a lot to look forwards to at some point this summer. I can hardly wait.