Author Topic: Williams High Speed Modification Idea  (Read 13457 times)

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
Williams High Speed Modification Idea
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:33:27 AM »
Here's a bright idea for the Williams High Speed table

High Speed pinball modification Idea
by OldVWFarm

And here's what his idea looked like after making the mod ...

High Speed pinball Police light bar modification
by OldVWFarm

I totally agree, the single red light at the top of the backglass, while cool and effective for the cop chase part of the game, does look more like a fire chief kinda thing instead of actual cops. There should be either blue or red and blue lighting to enhance the feeling that you are indeed being chased by the cops.

But as for his selection of using actual cop lights, like the kind that goes on top of squad cars, that may be just a little bit of an overkill. It seems to me that they are designed for outdoor use primarily to catch the attention of the offending driver in any weather conditions, and also to let other drivers know they are there on the side of the road so that they don't collide with the cop while he's ticketing the unhappy driver.

The cop lights are far too bright for indoor use, I think. It might bring on a major flashback of all the trips I ever took in my crazy days and blow my mind in one fell swoop. Or else, the razzle dazzle of the lights would bring on seizures of epileptic proportions and put me in a coma like that doctor in The Amdromeda Strain movie.

A better modification would be if the lights from a Williams F-14 Tomcat machine were used on top of High Speed. While these lights don't look like the light show that cop cars have these days, it seems that these would be very appropriate for High Speed, making you feel like you are being chased by cops (and not the fire chief), while not being so bright and trippy so that you can enjoy your multiball gameplay,
-PeterMac

Offline ndiniz

Re: Williams High Speed Modification Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
I think it's a great idea.