Author Topic: How to use the B2s Backglass Editor for playfields and plastics  (Read 14451 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
How to use the B2s Backglass Editor for playfields and plastics
« on: December 17, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
The easiest way to do playfield lighting.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:03:31 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
Re: How to use the B2s Backglass Editor for playfields and plastics
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:32:26 AM »
"...it's almost too easy!" - Garth Algar, on planning how to track Mr Biggg's Limo via satellite.  :Excellent:

Garth's Plan
-PeterMac

Offline xenonph

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »
This is very intresting!!!
Will have to fool around with this.
I am just starting out and learning more everyday.
Keep on Pinballin'

Offline BorgDog

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:59:14 PM »
Except now the easiest way is to use vp10 :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »
I liked doing this at the time because I suck at art. :Whistle: But it produced decent results at the time. I didn't know vp10 could do that as I haven't really worked in it at all.

Offline BorgDog

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 08:10:25 AM »
I agree this works very well and I suck at art as well. I use this method for making the images for the desktop backdrops on my tables, but the dynamic lighting in VP10 works very well for all the playfield and plastics lighting, with the added bonus of you can turn them on and off or make dimmer or brighter a lot easier.  You really should give vp10 a try  :Bounce: .  I just got into vp and making tables fairly recently (well I guess it's been almost a year now), and when I looked what it took to make a table in vp9 and saw how much easier it was in vp10 beta my choice was pretty clear.

Which reminds me, i need to update all my tables on Rogue to the current versions.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »
I mainly used this for playfield and plastics lighting. I just couldn't get PS to do what I wanted, but that's user error... :Cussing:

I have nothing against vp10, just haven't had time. I got really good at vp9 though in the several years I worked in it. Think I just don't like change, I mean I've had the same car for 21 years...

Offline xenonph

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
I would love to use VPX but lack of Graphics card doesn't allow me to have that option, and I also have no experience with Photoshop, and just started editing pictures last Christmas with the Paint program that is built into Windows. I am sure on the Photoshop program everything is much easier to do, but when I try to make transparent edges around pics with Paint, I end up having to zoom in and fill in the edges, making a 1 minute project on Photoshop for others, take me an hour to 4 hours depending how big the pic is.
I just cant get photoshop to work for me, and just recently figured out how to crop pics with Paint.

I use the Backglass Designer to make my Night Mods Playfields and for the Plastic Flashers.
I found this info here, and am very thankful for it.

If you have seen my NFL Mods, you will know I am truly only a beginner. I am slowly learning, and hopefully all the Mods will improve to a level of quality that is satifactory for the whole Pinball Community.

Keep on Pinballin'

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
Thanks! :Smile:

I don't use VPX either. I have an old card that I'm told shouldn't be able to handle what I do now. Works just fine in VP9. :Green: I have tried Betas when they were available with no issues. I have almost 800 2 screen tables, and I'm not about to start over because "something new is out". That's not me. (I have a rotary phone, dammit!).

I only know a few tricks in PS, but I use them so infrequently I forget where the tools are... I still use Paint all the time.  :Whistle:

Your mods are welcome here, there is no approval. Once you put it up, it's up. I may change the source though. After someone puts up something I upload it to my filesharer. Instead of downloading it from the site, you'd download it from my filesharer via link (A Drive.com). This makes my downloads safe as they are backed up there. But they are not changed in any way, and users will never have an issue as this takes under a minute. But even if you download it before I move it, there's no problem.

I don't think anyone's ever gotten a virus from a table. The people at VPF who said they got something got it from Google ads, not the table. We have no ads.

Glad you're using it for playfields too, that's something I "pioneered". :Whistle: Taking a dark image, and adding lights, and calling it my "lit image".

Offline xenonph

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 11:40:07 PM »
What category should I upload these NFL Mods into?
I have 4 different versions for each team,(8 if you count Day and Night Mod) but I don't think people care for the Multi-BG versions, or the dB2S DT version for 1 screen DT users(Have to use that app to keep working dB2S backglass on same screen).
I have a FS version and regular DT version (Day and Night Mod).
The FS Versions are setup to use a dB2S Backglass which I will also Upload.(Just recently learned how to make 2-3 Screen Backglasses.)
Which ones should I upload? And which Category as I didn't see a MODS category. Also the ROM is not included, do I need to add a link to ROM? At VPForums?

Thanks for all the help, and I feel priviledged to upload these tables on your site.
Thanks for all your contributions to the Pinball Community.

Keep on Pinballin'

EDIT:  I think my Tables are too large to upload here,(I think they are all over 50MB and over the 47MB file size Limit)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:54:44 AM by xenonph »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »
I think you got it right. Normally I put them both together, but in this case I'd put the table up, then put the backglass up separately. Then in the table download I'd link to the backglass/rom.

Offline xenonph

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 09:21:55 PM »
I just finished downloading all your tables in the Itchy's Cabinet Download Section.
There are some great tables in this section. (Specifically the older Tables.)
And I assume the Tables are all setup to use the dB2S Backglasses, (No need to change anything in Table Script)
This is great!! Not sure if you have seen the Tutorial over at VPForums for using dB2S Backglasses for DT Table 1 monitor users, but I have been wanting to add info on getting working the NON-VPM or Backglasses that don't use ROM's. I will study these scripts, and see what info I can pass onto others in that Tutorial.

On a side note..I have just fixed the Goal Keeper Magnet in the NFL (Stern 2001) Table Mods.
I used the Spanned version to create these Mods, and apparently the Goalkeeper Magnet wasn't updated to work. The only version that has a working Goalkeeper Magnet was the VP8 DT version.
With allknowing2012's help, I was able to find the proper location for these Goalkeeper Magnets and updated the script.

As I noted before I was unable to upload My NFL Table MOD's due to the 47MB File Size Limit.
When I update these NFL Table Mods to use the Goalkeeper Magnet, They will be Version 5.1
I noticed that some of the files I downloaded from your Itchy's Cabinet Section were over 50MB.
If you want to make these available on your Site here, (Seeing how I am unable to upload them as they are over 50MB each), You have my permission to download them over there and then put them in your itchy's Cabinet section or anywhere else on this Site. But I would ask that you wait for the v5.1 versions as the Goalkeeper Magnet will work on these.
I also will be updating the original NFL Spanned version to use the Goalkeeper Magnet, and the Original FS version.
I dont see any other way of making these available on your site,(as I cannot upload more than 50MB File Size)
So if you want, just download the v5.1's and you can make them available here however you want and whatever category you want.

The first three tables I have converted to use the Goalkeeper Magnet are

Seahawks v5.1
FS DT dB2S Multi-BG versions

Broncos v5.1

Eagles v5.1

They are still awaiting approval, but should be approved soon.(I hope.)

Or do you have another way of me uploading a Table thats over the File Size Limit here?
I could try and cut them down by getting rid of the most of the music and just have the basic football sounds. Then take out all the extra Decals and other things that are customizable, so it wouldn't be customizable. Thought I would ask if there was another way, because i would rather not cut it down, but will if there is no other way.

Let me know, and I will let you know when the First 3 tables are approved.
Thanks for your time sir.

Keep on Pinballin'

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 05:29:03 AM »
Thanks!! For no rom tables, download my table template. It is a 2 screen tamplate, but with Direct b2s precoded in which should give you an idea how to do it. :Smile:

All the table in Itchy's cab (™) are either Direct b2s OR b2s. For 2 screens there is no modification needed. When I have a 2 screen ready to go on my cab I copy it and saved it there.

How big are your tables? I can change the 47 mb limit (thought I had it at 50mb) but I want to see how far over are you. You could upload the table by itself and the backglass by itself, and link to the backglass in the table download.  :Study:

There is NO approval here. Once you put it up- it's ready to go. :Smile: