Author Topic: Tamstock 2015!!  (Read 10425 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Tamstock 2015!!
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
Footage and pics from the party. Todd could not have been a better host, and is so nice! Except for a couple individuals who made a mess the party was the best ever!! Reminder: You're in someone else's home! All in all nothing got broken though, and all the games worked flawlessly. There was a tournament, and money was raised for Todd's friend, Angie. There was a ton of food, (150lbs of meat, 60 gallons of beer). A concert was in the backyard on a 14 foot screen. Here's all the highlights...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:04:26 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:22:17 PM by Itchigo »

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
Re: Tamstock 2015!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »
Dang! Looks like y'all had QUITE the party! Nice to see Rawdney and Rascal there, and even Elton. Who else were there? It would have been great to finally meet everyone. I'll just have to make a point to be ready for next time around ... looks like it would be worth the trip.

That is a really cool basement arcade there! Quite a number of pinball tables, both classic EM and later SS. Whirlwind would have been nice to try IRL ... does it have the fan that blows on you when the twister hits? Also, one of my all time favorite video games was Zaxxon! It would really have been nice to play IRL after all these years ... maybe break the high score!

-PeterMac
-PeterMac

Offline jasonrosenstiel

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »
Very cool! Looks like a great time

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »
That's the Itchymobile in the last pic Pete. Wildman was there too. No problems at all making the trip. Even won a race on I-75.... :Whistle: Had it to 105mph before I shut it down, then the check engine light came on. :Rolleyes: I think something got too hot. Got to the hotel and never saw the light again. Of course I was under 100 on my way home. Still not bad for a 20 year old car. :Content:

There will be a next year, when I get the date I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:13:35 PM by Itchigo »

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
Heh ... Wildman was there, too? Well, as he would say, "Fucking hey!"  :Green:

So the Itchymobile does 195? Careful, you'll loose yer license ... then you won't drive (ar, ar, ar  :Whistle: ). 100+ though ... that's moving along. I topped out at 125 mph once on my Suzuki 850 back in my Suthuhrn Days ... but then almost dropped it when the guy I was racing slammed on the brakes. I go ... "Oooooh kay .... that's enough o' that!"  :Ohh:

Too bad Nate Bot doesn't get around that much ... I think he would have loved the pinball tourney there.

As for me, I need to make an invention that lets people play pinball 1-handed. I can play the right hand ... but sometimes it's just not fast enough, especially like for Stern's Avengers or something like that. The ball flies past the right flipper, drains, scores and loads the next ball before it can react! Stall ball!! GRRRRRR!!!  :Cussing:
-PeterMac

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:19:06 AM »
I stopped it at 105. I still had a grand to go on the tachometer before redline. I'm guessing if I went to redline I'd be at 120. I don't know if it would push that far, but 110/115 was possible I think.

As for Wildman, it's now "Fuckin Hey" (™). He was great. So great seeing him. Unfortunately, I used all my good shots beating his ass, and had nothing left for the tournament, but that's another story. :Green:

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »

As for me, I need to make an invention that lets people play pinball 1-handed. I can play the right hand ... but sometimes it's just not fast enough, especially like for Stern's Avengers or something like that. The ball flies past the right flipper, drains, scores and loads the next ball before it can react!
Are you talking real pb, virtual pb, cab, hand-held or.....? Playing real pinball one-handed requires a very slow machine, but for virtual, can't the vital functions be remapped to the (whatever they're called) nine-key group including Print Screen, Scroll Lock, etc?

Example:

Flippers = Delete and Page Down;
Nudge = Insert, End* and Page Up; (* Script so a long pulse is required to open the Coin Door)
Buy-in = Print Screen;
Magna-Save = Scroll Lock; and
Plunge/Launch = Pause.

If the Start (1) and Insert Coin (3, 4, 5) are left as-is (-are?), the Home key would remain available for Slam Tilt. Middle key, middle finger---perfect! Have I overlooked anything? [Probably; I just let this slip off the top of my balding head].

Gregg (Is it donation time yet? How's the beer holding up?)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »
He's talking about all of them. He has a problem with motor control on one hand (a stroke if I remember?).

Gregg (Is it donation time yet? How's the beer holding up?)

Donations are always welcome, but I've tried to not make this place about that. While it's true I don't have a lot, I do run this place pretty cheaply compared to other sites. But you've already helped out. :Smile: (Thanks again)