Author Topic: Do not use VP 9.2.1 r 904!!!  (Read 5394 times)

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
Do not use VP 9.2.1 r 904!!!
« on: January 29, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
Folks,

DO NOT use VP 9.2.1 v 904 as it has serious problems with black text and flippers not showing up! I recently ran into this updating Pro Pool.

Even when I went to play Little Joe in VP 9.2.1 v 904 the flippers refused to show up!

Just FYI for all of you out there that think they need the latest version of Visual Pinball. You don't.

Cheers;
druadic

I don't know what's going on, but make sure you steer clear of this update!

I put this here so no one makes the mistake of downloading this newest version.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:28:24 PM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.

Offline joshua.leone

• Tapatalk User
Re: Do not use VP 9.2.1 r 904!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Do not use VP 9.2.1 r 904!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »
Awesome, Tapatalk is working!! :Cool:

I had talked to one of the vp developers prior to this. He did mention they were fixing something like this, but maybe not this exact problem. But I wonder if it's a rendering issue on Draudic's end too. I can't say for sure though. A weaker graphics card will do weird things, but I can't say that's what's going on here for sure.

What I can say is it's easy to switch back if it doesn't work for you. Myself, I'm behind (rev 840). But unless something comes out where I HAVE to upgrade, I won't pay too much attention. I have 425 tables on my cab, and only 4 or 5 won't work at most.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Shockman

Re: Do not use VP 9.2.1 r 904!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »
I was behind too, but I downloaded r904 and r905 to check it out. The score reels and flippers are working just as well in all versions I have including r904. The only problem I have, and this is all revisions as well, is the flippers show through the backglass that is imposed at the start, and the plunger is very slow the first time it is used.

These nearly daily revisions are basically just builds towards 9.2.2 or whatever the major revision will be called. They are not new versions as much as test builds.

There is a modeled and textured plunger in newer builds so the complicated ball built plunger is not needed in these table updates.