Author Topic: DMD rotated---dubya tee eff?  (Read 7965 times)

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
DMD rotated---dubya tee eff?
« on: January 18, 2014, 12:00:48 AM »
It's been some time since I played JP's VP8 ARFM, and I don't recall this happening before, but the DMD is rotated left and I can't find where to correct it. It was also oversized, but I unticked 'double size' to get the present SQUARE(!?) rather than the expected rectangle.

(I tried to attach the screenshot here, instead of way-down-there, but apparently am inept.)

I looked in the script for 'rol=1' or whatever, but came up empty:

Sub Table1_Init
    vpmInit Me
    ' SaveValue cRegistryName, "Options", 0: Exit Sub  ' This will clear your Registry settings if uncommented
    AFMOptions = CInt("0" & LoadValue(cRegistryName, "Options") ):AFMSetOptions
    With Controller
       .GameName = Array(Romset1, Romset2) ((AFMOptions And(3 * cOptRom) ) \ cOptRom)
       If Err Then MsgBox "Can't start Game " & cGameName & vbNewLine & Err.Description:Exit Sub
       .SplashInfoLine = "Attack & Revenge from Mars" & vbNewLine & "VPM table by JPSalas v1.1"
       .HandleKeyboard = 0
       .ShowTitle = 0
       .ShowDMDOnly = 1
       .ShowFrame = 0
       .HandleMechanics = 0
       .Hidden = 0
       On Error Resume Next
       .Run GetPlayerHWnd
       If Err Then MsgBox Err.Description
       On Error Goto 0
       .Switch(22) = 1 'close coin door
       .Switch(24) = 1 'and keep it close
    End With
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:04:22 AM by GSGregg »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: DMD rotated---dubya tee eff?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »
That's it Rol. There could be a space, rol = 1. I'd just do rol (search). Keep clicking until it comes up.

Hmm, just looked and didn't see it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:43:11 AM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:00:35 AM »

It must be time for a self-administered headslap; I've checked a few VP8 DMD tables, and not one has any reference to "rol"---is that because no provision was made for rotation in VP8? I did find such a line in the VP9 table's script, and copy/pasted it into the VP8 but got a "Variable is undefined: 'cGameName' " error.
I think I'll have to redirect and figure how a rotated ANYthing got into a VP8 table.....

Just remembered; while I haven't played ARFM recently, I HAVE played AFM within the last week or so, and its DMD was normal then. I checked it just now, and its DMD is rotated and oversize, just like that of ARFM. Must be a Communist plot!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »
Now I remember.....
Vp8 does not support rotating the table fs. That's probably why rol isn't in there.
 But there have to be some x/y coordinates for the display.

I looked again, I'm stumped. :Frown:

Here's part of a pm I saved from Destruk when I was at vpf. (I already searched for keywords).

Moving the DMD

Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_pos_x")=0 'dmd position x set to 0
Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_pos_y")=0 'dmd position y set to 0

I don't know vp8 well, because when I used vp8 I was barely windows literate. :Whistle:

Edit: I'll email JP. If anyone would know....

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
Just got this back from JP.

Hey Tim:

You have several options, the easiest ones are:
- run the VP9 desktop table :)  And .... BINGO it is rotated!
- run regedit find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Freeware/Visual VPinmame/ find the afm rom folder and delete it :) (or find the rotation line and change it :) )

Greetings
JP

Offline GSGregg

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »
I found out that PacDude's 4-3 Attack From Mars, using a different rom, displayed the DMD normally, while the JP tables using rev 1.13b were 'rol', indicating that the issue was with just the particular ROM. And then;
Just got this back from JP.
......- run the VP9 desktop table :)  And .... BINGO it is rotated!
Ah-HA! So, the rom either rotates the DMD or returns it to zero based on which VP9 table was last run with it, but opening the VP8 table had no influence; Ver-r-r-r-y Interesting..... Thanks for getting me to the bottom of this, Tim. (I don't PLAY FS, but I have it for potential diagnostic aid, and must have hit it during Cocktail Hour (*hic!*) )

Gregg