Author Topic: Disappearing Images  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Cam2000

Disappearing Images
« on: April 19, 2014, 04:46:55 PM »
I ran into an issue today where many of my tables started to have their images disappear. These are all tables that have been working great for months. I was in the middle of editing a new table I'm working on and went to open another table to copy a post and that table would no longer run properly. I opened another and saw the same graphical issues. I rebooted and I am having the same issues still on most tables. Some display ok but many do not.
Attached is what I'm seeing.

I've been searching the forums for suggestions, and what I've found does not help or is already implemented such as RenderHardware registry key and other thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cam

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Disappearing Images
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »
Format C:. (Just kidding)! :Sorry:

I've seen some weird stuff like this too here and there. I never know what fixed it because it seems to come and go on it's own. First thing, have you recently done anything such as driver, hardware, etc?
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Cam2000

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:49:10 PM »
If format doesn't work, then use FDisk!  :Smile:

No changes to anything. Things were working great and I was using multiple tables for grabbing various items for use in the new table I was working on. Then one time I opened an older table and it was effed up. VP did crash at some point today, but I don't know if it is related. The 2 tables I've been changing work, it's most of the others that are having issues. Weird stuff.

I'll play around some more and see what I can find. 

Thanks!

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:44:48 PM »
I've run across this when images in the editor are too big for VP. I have no idea why this is, but if they're over 1000dpi they seem to fade, pull or smear.

Look at the original playfield image and see if it's over 1000dpi. If so, this might be your problem. If not, reset your graphic card to a lower setting THEN go back to the original setting. this sometimes also fixes these problems.

Cheers.

PS: Copy and paste don't work quite right; just IMPORT images instead and you'll end more headaches than what you have.
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 06:31:51 AM »
I just had this on a few vp8's I converted to FS. I had the flippers not being shown. I rightclicked on the flipper and hit "Draw in front/back". One of those did it.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!