Site News & Announcements > Site Status

About the ads.....

(1/1)

Itchigo:
Guys, about the ads, I wanted to see if I could get them to pay for the site. But I'm also not looking to spam the place like vpf either. We have a nice clean look I don't want to mess up. So we have 1 ad and a toolbar. The toolbar is supposed to be a normal bar with everyday things people use like youtube, etc. It's also supposed to have our logo on it (when I get it fixed). It's also not supposed to change your homepage either.

Shockman:
I'm afraid your nice clean look is gone. It is worse than VPF. Not that you have ads, I have actually not seen any adds. I hate it when spam (and that is what is is when it will not take 'I don't want it' for an answer) tells me I need to get a new windows media player, but windows media player says I don't, but the hijack you allow to someone wanting me to get another download manager, reminds me of some of the shadiest websites I have ever visited.

Itchigo:
It's only a trial, and I'm having issues too. The toolbar is nice, but it's messing up FF on my end. But all this is only an experiment. It's all easily removable.

Shockman:
This is much better. Came back and the site came up without a bogus media player bait, and I clicked on this link and came right here instead of an off site page with another download manager. Thanks.

Itchigo:
Yeah, it bugs me the way it's done. The toolbar thing was a disaster. I was a nice toolbar, very customisable, but I had to go through FF to get rid of it. I couldn't see how to uninstall it. I don't want to be known for that.

I would like to find a way for this place to pay for itself though. But I'm not into memberships. Plus I don't think I have enough to offer to justify memberships anyway. Besides, if I start limiting downloads, and controlling speed I'll be compared to.... :Whistle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version