0 (0%)
9.2.0 or older
0 (0%)
Multiple versions 9.9.0 AND 9.2.1
1 (16.7%)
None of the above
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Which VP Version do you use?  (Read 7757 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Which VP Version do you use?
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »
I'd like to know which version of VP you use in your Cab or PC.

If it's older than 9.2.1 or none of the above, please tell us.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline randr

Re: Which VP Version do you use?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 08:55:07 PM »
Vp 9 928
Vp9 990a
Vp9 physmod5
All through pinballx
Only table that actually needs 928 is t2

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
Wait, there's a 9.28? I thought 9.21 was the last dx7 release?

Offline randr

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 09:25:33 PM »
Fairly certain it's 928 yes

Offline Shadowsclassic

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 12:35:04 PM »
VP9.9 as standard
VP9.2 for a couple like T2
Pmod5 for Physics Mod tables

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 06:18:15 PM »
One of the reasons I started this is because PBecker1946 builds in vp8, then mods to 9.20 He wants to release in both so more people can enjoy them. He doesn't like the physics in 9.9 and doesn't consider it his work if played in another version because it's not the way he made it. But it's not worth it to make it in 3 versions either. (vp8, 9.20, 9.9). And I agree, 3 versions is too much. While he says that many things in 9.9 are broken (and other authors agree), the main thing is the physics, because he wants it to play right. You have to understand, the man has bought schematics to do some of these tables and have the logic correct.

My default version is 9.9, and I haven't been able to get multiple versions of vp to work. My gut feeling is that most people's default is 9.9, but I could be wrong, so I created this to find out. I'm not half the author he is, so I wasn't really aware the physics were that much different between 9.20 and 9.9. To me, I'm just happy to be able to play them at all. And especially his, because NO ONE is doing the old tables.

I'm proud to call him my friend, so I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. We've even met IRL when he was in town, and we've played his tables on my cab. :Smile:

Offline Shadowsclassic

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »
Well, I like the old EM's for sure, I have enjoyed all the ones you guys have been releasing here! So, if it meant I had to install vp8 to play them I would. But not if they were the quality of the vast majority of vp8 currently out there.

I went through long ago and rotated most of the older vp8 tables and checked them out. Some were built I guess state of the art at the time and they stood the test of time pretty well and I kept them.  Most the graphics were just too low res to even tell what you were doing on them and I promptly deleted them.  Maybe I'm too picky, but I want my friends to be impressed with my major investment not wonder why I spent hundreds to play games you can even tell what the are.

As long as he/you are updating the graphics, etc. I would be just fine with running another version of VP. It's really not that big a deal with PinballX.   

I hope that doesn't come off wrong, and I think you know what I mean. The table doesn't have to look like it rolled of the assembly line or be photo realistic but when you can't tell playfield from plastics like most of the current vp8 tables when you pull them in it's just not worth it.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:56:23 PM »
No I totally get what you're saying, and you don't have to worry. Releasing these in vp8 and 9 I don't get, and we've discussed it, but it's ultimately his decision. But what I didn't know is the physics were different in 9.2 as opposed to 9.9? I had always thought that 9.2 and 9.9 were just added features and such.

Offline faralos

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
still can't use any version newer than 9.1.5 due to stuttering

I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken