Author Topic: Show your support to ALL AUTHORS of VP!  (Read 3704 times)

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
Show your support to ALL AUTHORS of VP!
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »
If you like any tables from ANY author, PLEASE LET THEM KNOW. Sometimes I feel that authors have a "thankless" job and that's really sad so please support ALL AUTHORS who make these tables for you FREE.

You can't get better than free can you? For something that is free, please have the kindness of saying "thank you".

If you haven't tried to make a table, you have no idea just how hard some of them can be folks. Really. If you don't think so, TRY MAKING A TABLE. Start from nothing first and try it.

Peace out.
d
 :Whiteflag:

PS: I actually make these tables just for me, but feel bad if I don't release them to the public (you) since there is no reason these tables can't be SHARED. I actually CARE TO SHARE.  :Cool: So please support all your VP authors out there!!! POST!
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Show your support to ALL AUTHORS of VP!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:44:15 AM »
We do sometimes. You work hard for a long time, then you inevitably hear someone say something they didn't like which took so long to perfect. A lot of authors do this for themselves, or just for fun. If you did it entirely for the community and listened to everything everyone said, you'd go mad... :Whistle:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline randr

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:15:44 PM »
Agreed! I always try to say thanks! Sometimes I fall behind but catch up eventually :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »
To me it doesn't matter anyway. Last night at chat things went for the worse. Apparently NO ONE PLAYS DESKTOP TABLES or "spanned tables" any longer according to frenetic. I never heard of "spanned tables" since last night. I guess having a single screen you cannot have a playfield and backglass on one screen.

I've been making tables for VP since version 3. To be honest, I've NEVER been treated like I was last night in all the times in the past. I was shocked.

Apparently the bingos that I made are not "perfect enough" to even play to Osprey. Using mixers from bingos is no joke and if I had that information I would have implemented it. Are folks happy with the free games they get from authors (or from other sources) all they do is bitch, moan and complain about how they need to be perfect? This is COMPUTER PINBALL, NOT REAL PINBALL. Be happy with what you're getting and can play folks.

All I can say is "if you're so good to bitch, whine, moan and complain then try making these bingos". It will be awhile before anything else is released by me and rest assured if anything soon is, they will be locked and password protected for those folks that want to play "what shouldn't be played on a computer".

You can thank the two folks above for the BS folks. I'm not perfect, VP isn't perfect and folks can't expect ANY TABLES to be perfect on VP through a computer. This is SIMULATION NOT REAL LIFE PINBALL.

I'm not pissed off, just VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. If anyone still wants to play the bingos I will be making in the future please PM me. I'll post what I will be working on but you'll have to PM me for the zip files.

It's that simple folks. I don't have a cab, DO NOT WANT A CAB and the folks that cannot afford or have a cab should be able to play pinballs on their computers. I'll still be making them, but you'll have to ask for them from now on. I'll be more than happy to share what I make to those that appreciate what VP can do and handle for it's simplicity.

To all those desktop gamers on VP: We can enjoy what VP has to offer without everything else that is making computer players look like inferior users.

Peace out;
Will
aka druadic
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.