Author Topic: New Table idea  (Read 6268 times)

Offline Shadowsclassic

New Table idea
« on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:01 AM »
I'd like to make a suggestion for a table build.  This is a classic table a lot of people have seen but as far as I can tell it has never been make for VP.  This is a table that was feature on the Happy Days TV series as seen and played at Arnald's. The table is "Nip it", it is an EM table and it is a quite interesting looking one.  I have looked around an there seem to be quite a bit of resources out there but since I am not a table builder I don't know if any of them can be used.   Just thought this might be a really cool table to build since it was featured on such a hit TV show.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: New Table idea
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
I can teach you to build.... As much as I like building, I don't get anything done unless I go at it "balls to the wall". Phil is largely responsible for the em's you know and love. He makes the table, and I only mod to FS and do the backglass. Unless you're a NASA engineer (not kidding) it takes a long time to build a table.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline faralos

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »
this particular table does sit over at the IPDB but the pf is a bad shot
 someone would have to redo it as the pf is ugly and on an angle
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=nip+it&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1680
also am not a huge fan of the small bally flippers but they move in and out so that is a comfort anyhow
I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
You know who would be a good one for this? Starman. I may have a few pics laying around but I don't know how good they are.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Shadowsclassic

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:11 PM »
I thought the lower playfield and upper playfield pictures were decent over at IPDB . Maybe someone with mad Photoshop skills could combine them. That full screen one looks pretty bad though.

I like the gimmick of the gator you control to grab the ball for an extra 1000 points. Just sounds like a really neat feature and I really haven't seen anything quite like it.

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »
There is a very old VP version of Nip-It over at IRPinball.org by XtremeMAME & Warrior. It might serve to help with a new design.

But yes, a complete rebuild in VP9 would be in order, I think, and yes, Starman would be good for the job. His Fireball recreation was fabulous, as was his 4 Million BC.

That would certainly be the kind of quality that would work for Nip-It!  :Green:
-PeterMac