Welcome to the new Rogue!! > Site Bulletins

Should we do memberships at Rogue?

(1/4) > >>

Itchigo:
I've really wrestled with this as the LAST thing I want to do is turn this place into a vpf. But it would be nice to cover the hosting costs. I'm really not sure what direction to go with this, so I need input. The first thing I though of is a straight $5 a year for downloads. Kind of a "pay as you go" mentality. There's no need for tiered memberships as I don't cut the speed for anyone.

I'd like to hear some input on this please.

Druadic:

--- Quote from: Itchigo on April 30, 2014, 10:57:15 AM ---I've really wrestled with this as the LAST thing I want to do is turn this place into a vpf. But it would be nice to cover the hosting costs. I'm really not sure what direction to go with this, so I need input. The first thing I though of is a straight $5 a year for downloads. Kind of a "pay as you go" mentality. There's no need for tiered memberships as I don't cut the speed for anyone.

I'd like to hear some input on this please.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry I haven't been around so much; been playing a ton of games and doing other things to get some $ in my pocket.

In all honesty Tim, it's up to you. You're the owner and perhaps it might be a good idea. I of course couldn't afford even that but for those that like the idea I say go for it. Will keep out the "riff raff" so to speak I guess.

Just my two cents. I think I can actually afford that.

PS: If the govt is actually going to impose the "china login" type of web and internet next month, this might not help you. Just FYI as to what is going on. God only knows what will happen.

dboyrecords:
The best advice I ever heard was never give advice.

I have mixed feelings about the idea... maybe should be more like an annual PBS pledge drive.

Smudge:
I don't want to make it prohibitive or piss people off either. Nor am I trying to restrict downloads. All I really want to do is make this place run in the black. I figure at 5$ a year that's as much as they'd send to someone at VPU for the "Beer Me". I don't think it's too much- provided I can keep some good tables going. :Rolleyes: At 5$ I won't get rich quick, it'll have to be a cumulative effort to be effective for sure. I think I have 218 members, but how many of those are even active? So you can't make the argument 218x5$=1090$ because it's not what'll happen. I'm sure the cabinet people will not mind as they have enough to build a cab, so what's another 5$ to be able to say you have "everything"?

Vpf has over 60,000 members, but only about 2500+ are silver (10$). So it's all about percentages. Still 2500x10$= 25,000$, and that doesn't take into account that there's 25$ and 50$ members too. I don't see the need for tiered memberships as I don't really have anything to offer that makes that idea worthwhile. It's strictly- if you want to download please support us is all. You'll always get all the speed the site has to offer no matter what. Uploading and forum participation would still be free though I have to figure out how to do that. :Whistle:

This is still a concept at this point.

Itchigo:

--- Quote from: dboyrecords on May 01, 2014, 03:03:58 PM ---The best advice I ever heard was never give advice.

I have mixed feelings about the idea... maybe should be more like an annual PBS pledge drive.

--- End quote ---

A possibility for sure. Watching those things always pissed me off though. :Green: Get on with it!! :Cussing:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version