Author Topic: Air Aces Bally 1974 FS Direct B2s  (Read 8434 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Air Aces Bally 1974 FS Direct B2s
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:53:08 AM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Shadowsclassic

Re: Air Aces Bally 1974 FS Direct B2s
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »
Yes! Another nice EM table moves from FP to VP on my cab. Thanks all involved looks and plays great.

Offline Maniac

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:51:11 AM »
Hello, having a minor issue with this table. Works fine until I load it through HyperPin on my cabinet. Then, the ball won't kick into launch lane, I see the flap open, but no ball. Tried changing "KickerNewBall" properties, Hit Height, Scatter Angle, and also moved the kicker around a little, still can't get it to kick properly once loaded through cabinet HyperPin, but all works fine in VPinball.
Thanks for any guidance, Randy

Offline Smudge

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 10:00:51 AM »
If it works fine in vp then it's Hyperpin that's the problem. Try Pinball X. You can easily migrate your whole setup to it, and it's still supported. :Green:

Offline Maniac

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
Scared. 99% of everything works great right now with HyperPin, sure don't want to mess the whole thing up at this point.

Offline Smudge

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »
Do this them. Install Pinball X and copy your wheels, etc to Pinball X. Both will work at the same time. But Pinball X is very forgiving, unlike Hyperpin. Pinball X is based off of Hyperpin if that makes you feel better.

Itchigo made this- it's simple, and it works!

Pinball x setup

Offline gigalula

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
Thanks ... From a fan of old table  :Cool:

Offline roxy

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
Hello, having a minor issue with this table. Works fine until I load it through HyperPin on my cabinet. Then, the ball won't kick into launch lane, I see the flap open, but no ball. Tried changing "KickerNewBall" properties, Hit Height, Scatter Angle, and also moved the kicker around a little, still can't get it to kick properly once loaded through cabinet HyperPin, but all works fine in VPinball.
Thanks for any guidance, Randy

Hi Maniac,
I have the same problem except the ball does the same in VP as well.  You are far more knowledgable then me in that I had no idea what to try.  It's a beautiful EM table and Itchigo does such a great job giving them new life.  Maybe an easy solution will show up.  Good luck.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 02:40:12 AM »
I honestly don't know why this is happening. My copy works fine, and I re-uploaded it after hearing of this the first time. I was going to say it's Hyperpin's fault, but if Roxy's having the same issue in VP itself, then that's not it.

Try moving the kicker closer, like in the picture.

Offline roxy

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:25:06 PM »
I honestly don't know why this is happening. My copy works fine, and I re-uploaded it after hearing of this the first time. I was going to say it's Hyperpin's fault, but if Roxy's having the same issue in VP itself, then that's not it.

Try moving the kicker closer, like in the picture.

Thank you Itchigo !  It worked.  I feel good when, I of so little knowledge, follow advice and it works.  I truly appreciate your help.  Air Aces has a great look to it.  I am so happy I will now be able to play it.  Do I dare mention that I can get it to only play a single player and not 2, 3, 4 player.  It seems like VP is contagious, the better it works the more you want it to work better, even with my very limited understanding.

Anyway, thank you for your patience in helping me out.  Roxy

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »
See, here's the thing. Usually when I build a table, I have guide walls so the ball can't get stuck. But this is a mod that I didn't build, with NO guide walls. But it works fine on my copy, so I re-uploaded my copy. Didn't seem to help you guys. If you move the kicker directly into the plungerlane, you'll have to make script changes to disable the kicker. So the path of least resistance was to put the kicker right next to it.

Since this is a mod of the old vp8, that version was 1 player, from what I remember.

No problem on helping out, for ANY table. :Smile: Feel free to comment (good or bad) on any of our fine tables.  :Pinball: