Author Topic: New cab WIP  (Read 7403 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
New cab WIP
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:53:29 AM »
While I thought about this, this one called to me. My old pinball cabinet looked great on camera with low resolution... but it really stunk visually. I was browsing Ebay while Rukia was gone and saw this. Usually they want more than it's worth for cabinets like these (100$+). But he didn't. He started at 25$. Usually these are "local pickup only" because they are not worth enough to ship. Looked at the address- Bensenville, 10 minutes away. Well damn! I put a bid down and was the only bidder. So for 25$ I have this: An empty Sharpshooter pinball cabinet already stripped! He had a coin door for it which I got for another 30$. Almost everything will transfer over from the old cab to the new one. No head though. I never get a head. :Rolleyes:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline randr

Re: New cab WIP
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »
Nice

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 12:23:37 AM »
Cain't beat the price. Would probably be able to make something for the head. Looking forward to see what you come up with!  :Green:
-PeterMac

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »
I just scored this off of Craigslist.com for 50$! It's a 39 inch 1080p led tv that retails for 400$! The guy on Craigslist said the sound goes in and out. I don't need sound for this tv, the computer makes all the sounds for me, then goes through external speakers. All I needed was a working screen, I don't even need a tuner!

This looks MUCH more realistic with a full size cab and the appropriately sized tv.

So as of right now I have:
Cabinet 25$
Glass 25$
Lockdown bar and assembly 5$
Coin Door 30$
39 inch (playfield) tv 50$
--------------------------------------
135$

I'm still using the same computer, so I won't need a better one. And as of right now I have 608 Pinballs loaded on my computer.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
Ok, after the tv debacle.... Here's the new tv mounted. Height and everything is adjustable. The playfield comes down via the long bolt and into the bracket. It's held on with a single wing nut. The prop rod from the cabinet has been moved to the center of the cab.

The backbox I downsized a bit. I didn't want that much open space in there, but I didn't want it to look weird either. So I took like 2 or 3 inches off both dimensions. The floor was "paved over" with a piece of black fiberboard. Black construction paper lines the sides because it's thin and will have a uniform finish better than any sanding I could do. The way this is set up the pf will flip vertical for the ultimate access.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:00:08 PM by Itchigo »

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 07:12:45 AM »
Just saw this when replying to something else so I figured I'd update this (better late than never). I have MAME controllers in the backbox which plug into the front.