Author Topic: Apollo dB2S  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Maniac

Apollo dB2S
« on: December 13, 2014, 07:47:34 AM »
Greetings, looking for a dB2S for Williams 1967 Apollo.  Reading another forum, I saw where Itchy said (back in October) "Is there a FP version of Apollo, or does anyone have resources? I have a working backglass for it". Would this be a dB2S backglass that would work in VP? If so, could you please share? I have troyguitarmans table on my cabinet, but only a static backglass. Have tried to create my own dB2S, but don't have the skills, and get error messages from the dB2S program also.

Something about this machine really speaks to me, I think because I was 10 years old when the first moon landing took place and I became enthralled with rockets and space travel. Starting flying model rockets at about age 12, still have Estes 1/100 scale Saturn V and Saturn 1B in the garage   :Smile:   Thanks, Randy

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Apollo dB2S
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »
I have troyguitarman's version too. I have a static backglass, and it's the first one to have an activeball on a backglass mapped to the ball position. NBA Fastbreak sort of does this, but it's a series of images in a line like SuperSoccer. This was the first to have a random ball position mapped. I had it in the testing stages, but not done. I did a proof of concept thread. I never did get back to it (sorry). I'd be more than willing to help you finish it, or give you what I have.

PBecker1946 is going to redo the desktop version with "photoreal" (™) images. He's in a move right now, so he's on vacation from here for a while.

And if you want to know about rockets... he's the guy to talk to. He helped build one (or more) of the Vikings, as well as take the original picture of "the face on Mars". (The picture shown is the original photo, the other one of Viking is from a 35mm slide).
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Maniac

Re: Apollo dB2S
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'll take what you have if you can send it my way, but every time I try to save a backglass I've created in the B2S editor I get an error message "ActiveX component can't create object" so I'm kind of stuck. Have tried numerous times with the same result and not savvy enough to know what is going wrong. Great pictures, thanks.
Randy