Author Topic: Backups to adrive  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Backups to adrive
« on: December 03, 2014, 12:01:28 PM »
I've been asked how to use ADrive so I thought I'd share it with everyone. We use it for our downloads after a crash. There is a free version, as well as many paid versions. We use the 25$ one with 100gb of storage. So far as I know, all plans have unlimited bandwidth.

If you click the link on the front page under the video you can get a free account with 50gb storage. You can then make folders and sort things, just as you would at home.

If you ever have a crash you can login and download folders or individual files. I've heard there can be problems when downloading over 2gb at a time, but you can just download a "chunk" at a time. Go into the folder and check a like 20 at a time I mean.

Hit "View Public Link" to share a file with someone, and give them the link. You can set when that link expires. With the free version it'll expire in 2 weeks and you have to keep "sharing" it, and when you do the link changes. We use the paid version for our downloads for just this reason- to keep the links from changing and having to "reshare" them. For the average user, this isn't an issue. You will have to check the box and "share" the file first before you can get this link though.

You have to "unshare" a file before you delete it. You can also share a whole folder at a time, but if it's a big one I wouldn't advise it.

ADrive may/maynot be the biggest or best out there but we haven't had any issues since we started using it last June.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline allknowing2012

Re: Backups to adrive
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »
So your ADrive with all the table.zip files .. did you maintain this my hand or do you run a script or something to zip up files and upload to adrive?

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Backups to adrive
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »
No scripts. Having the table and backglass in the zip is something I started doing when I first started this. Then I upload it at ADrive zipped. But you can do it unzipped if you want. My cab doesn't have a dedicated PC. This is my cab's PC I'm on right now. So everything on this site is also on this PC.

Updated tables are another matter though. They are quite manual, which is why I do them in bunches. Let's say Wildman does another backglass. I look at my current screenshot, and let's say I want it. I download it, rename it to match the old file, overwrite the old one in the zip, and reupload the zip to ADrive. Now re uploading a zip of the same name will make it overwrite the existing one, so at least I don't have to get rid of the old one. Also it seems to save settings of shared/unshared when I do this, but I check it anyway.

Of course now I need an updated screenshot, because it has to match the backglass. After all, it's what I base my decision to update on. That also has to be uploaded, and overwritten in the backup.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:56:37 AM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!