Author Topic: Diamond Lill Gottlieb 1954 Desktop  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Diamond Lill Gottlieb 1954 Desktop
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:40:54 PM »
Diamond Lill Gottlieb 1954 Desktop

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=351My exploration via recreating the early post-war games of Williams and Gottlieb to experience the evolution of flipper pinball design and innovation hands-on continues with Gottlieb's Diamond Lill. Diamond Lill was released in December 1954. Designed by Wayne Neyens with Roy Parker artwork, Only 700 Diamond Lill games were produced so this game is rare to find today.

I originally decided to recreate Diamond Lill because I ran across the photo of a young Elvis Presley playing this game at an arcade in Detroit as relaxation between shows (included in this release). The more I looked into this game, the more interesting it became. It is one of the later games to have reversed flippers, but its "inner loop" design makes that sensible. It is also one of the last Gottlieb games to have the open tray ball return. I find it to be a surprisingly fun game to play even as it is a very difficult game to score replays on. As with all my games, pressing the "R" key gives you game rules.
Designed in 9.2, playable in 9.9.
FS version available.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:43:00 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!