Author Topic: Bally Beauty (BINGO), 1952 by Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866 and higher  (Read 10001 times)

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
Bally Beauty (BINGO), 1952 by Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866 and higher
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:21:54 AM »
Coming soon to a desktop via a Rogue Pinball website near you!  :Hi:
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
Re: Bally Beauty (BINGO), 1952 by Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866 and higher
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:43 PM »
100% FINISHED.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:16:36 PM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:09:04 PM »
ALL TABLES: ON HOLD.

I WAS having a few problems; this was the reason I put all tables on hold. I FINALLY got what I needed almost done. (I hope). Bally Beauty has been a BITCH from the beginning and I FINALLY figured out what had to be fixed!

A little more tweaking and some BG fixes and this one should be up very soon. Be patient folks!

My problem was the "knob" on the front of the cabinet (I made this key 3) that can turn to light numbers
19, 20, 21 and 22 on the backglass from balls 1 through 3 AND making them work for payouts via the
emreel on the backglass. I think I got this fixed - just a little more playtesting.

The problem with this is that if you turn the knob and have two numbers on each side of the number you chose, it SHOULD payout to the emreel when the ball rolls over the rollover in the plunger lane. Same for four liners. So, I had to go through on each card with numbers 19, 20, 21 and 22 to work properly along with the main 3 and 4 liners using the knob for the SELECTION FEATURE. It has not been easy! I had to make a separate SUB statement for the knob itself for payouts to the emreel.

If this sounds easy, try this: look at the FIRST CARD. SCENARIO: Now, imagine that you chose number 19 using your knob SELECTION FEATURE on ball 1. Now this is stupid, since you only will have number 19 lit and if the ball lands in hole 19, it was a waste really. Now, ball 2 starts. You land a ball in hole number 3. Okay, so if you used the knob and lit number 19, you only still have two numbers - 19 is flashing and ready to payout, BUT since you only have number 3 lit on the backglass, it's a no win situation. You only have two numbers and not three to get yourself a payout to the emreel. Now, ball 3. Remember, you have number 3 lit. Let's move the knob again to cycle through the numbers of 19, 20, 21 and 22. Now, let's go and light 19 back up again. So, you have number 3 lit and number 19 is waiting for you and flashing. Now, you MUST hit hole 16 to get a three line payout. Lets say since you have a ball in number 3, you have 19 flashing and you got ball in hole 16 - 19 will now light and payout. It also locks out 19 in card 1 so it cannot be used again, BUT number 19 on the 2nd and 3rd card can still be chosen using the knob. It's NOT easy and if you do manage to light a three liner using 19, 20, 21 and 22 remember that the holes ARE EMPTY - so, land a ball in a lit 19, 20, 21 or 22 and you LOSE THE BALL. IT SUCKS, so you must THINK BEFORE you use the knob SELECTION FEATURE!

What makes the knob SELECTION FEATURE an even bigger bitch is that you can only use it up to ball 4 - once you shoot ball four, the knob locks out. Following me on this all so far?

Same goes for four liners. Say you chose light 22 using your knob SELECTION FEATURE and have two numbers lit on one side and one number lit on the other side. Well, since number 22 was chose and is blinking, you should have all four now lit and your payouts will now go to the emreel. Like I said, this sounds easy but is very complicated. But, I THINK I got this working.

Got it all so far? Does it sound easy? NOPE!  :Whiteflag:

Also remember this; say the rollovers for lighting 2, 4 and 6 are hit between balls 1 through 3. These now must be taken into account along with the knob SELECTION FEATURE. Yes, it's a TON of script that needed to be done ALONG WITH the original 3, 4 and 5 liner payouts! So far, I think I have about 1,600 lines of script so far and I HOPE it's about all I have to mess with.

I didn't answer to PM's or emails for this single reason; I was pissed off about the problems I was having with Beauty and didn't want to be an ass to anyone about it. Sorry about that. I almost gave up on Beauty because it had me so pissed off I was irate! You'll see what I mean when you look at the scripting!

Another problem I had was the three extra balls at ball four. Something was so screwed up I couldn't figure it out till recently. I finally got the SOB!!! You can't buy ANY extra balls till ball 4. This game was NUTS!

REMEMBER: I use "spaghetti code" according to 90% of the VP authors, so it's been tough for me to get Bally Beauty to work right. I want this game to work flawless and properly BEFORE I put it up for download.

It will be worth the wait folks; trust me.  :Yahoo:

PS: How Bally pulled all this off in 1952 has me blown away. They must had been brainiacs!!!

PSS: If I can pull this table off, I might just try my luck at some magic screen bingos or magic ring ones. Who knows; I LOVE these bingos! Bally and United only though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:36:56 AM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.

Offline randr

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:18:56 PM »
:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Smudge

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »
Sorry, that was my bad. I was trying to lock specific topics, and apparently it locked everything in the Parent topic too. :Banghead:

Will you scared me. I thought I pissed you off when I saw "On Hold". If it was there before, I never noticed it. :Ohh:

Looks great! Crap! More manual labor. (Frolics was 192 lights by the way).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:34:51 PM by Itchigotest »

Offline randr

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 11:16:24 PM »
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 01:34:48 AM »
Sorry, that was my bad. I was trying to lock specific topics, and apparently it locked everything in the Parent topic too. :Banghead:

Will you scared me. I thought I pissed you off when I saw "On Hold". If it was there before, I never noticed it. :Ohh:

Looks great! Crap! More manual labor. (Frolics was 192 lights by the way).

192? Not many huh? Well, Beauty has 110 lights.

Beauty is finished. Just some more play testing, but got the extra balls and the knob to work perfect. If you make a three in line score and one of the lights was flashing using the knob, the one that won the three in line lights up and the other two keep flashing. FINALLY GOT IT - had too much screwed up scripting and I got completely confused. After I rewrote it I finally realized what I did and how stupid it was to do what I did!!!  :Content:

I recently had on card two chosen with the knob and got a three in line, but as I turned the knob again, I realized I could get a four in line once I shot the ball. It worked! The four in line scored to the emreel once I shot the ball and it went over the rollover in the shooter lane and the flashing knob chosen light lit right up. Looks like it works flawlessly! This table is a bit more complicated than Frolics.

Still working on fixing the backglass for Bright Lights since there was a full corner of it cut off and I have to redraw that by hand (painfully slowly). It was completely "skewed" and I had to fix it via Photobrush but it worked EXCEPT for the bottom left hand corner. Will take some time but I hope not much; it's just a VERY BASIC six card table and not much else, but it is a bingo.

I have a TON done on Twin Joker, but may jump right into Bally's Yacht Club since it is near close to Beauty and it's workings. I also have other Bally bingos I may try to get done like Hi-Fi and Spot Lite if I can find some half assed decent images of the playfields.

Recently emailed Warrior about his United's 10th Inning since I found a glass for it and it's perfect. Hope to hear from him soon to see if I can update it OR he will. I know the table was made over 10 years ago, but I always ask first - actually, this is the first time I really want to update a table.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:55:22 AM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 11:17:57 AM »
Coming this weekend!
RETIRED from VP on 2014.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 09:23:24 PM »
UPLOADED! Yeeehaw!

:Yahoo:
RETIRED from VP on 2014.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
RETIRED from VP on 2014.