Author Topic: Everyone stay healthy!  (Read 6927 times)

Offline Rukia

• The Rogue Queen of VP!
  • Pinball Wizard
Everyone stay healthy!
« on: March 18, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »
Hey everyone!
With this corona virus going around, I just wanted to say that I hope that no one in our group has tested positive for the virus.  If you do, please do what you can to minimize contamination of anyone else.  You know what, minimize contamination (or re-contamination) anyway! 
Stay healthy everyone!
Rukia
Y'all behave yourselves or I'll have to smack ya's!

Offline Ike Savage

Re: Everyone stay healthy!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:38:50 PM »
Howdy.  Long time since I stopped by here.

For some reason nobody created this topic over at Pinball Nirvana, and I hesitated to be the one.  Mostly I've been helping Jon with reorganising certain sections of the site since the big upgrade to XenForo two months ago.

Anyway, yeap... this situation is pretty cray-cray.  Quarantining isn't totally unusual to me due to a long-term illness, but at least I used to get out once a day for small errands and such.

In the past couple weeks I've gone out twice on a couple of supply runs with my 'granny stroller' (personal shopping trolley), and wasn't too impressed by how careless people around me seemed to be.  Like, zoiks.

Offline philgood1351fr

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
It's a very special feeling....we can spend many hours in front of our computer without leaving home, but now that we can stay, it seems hard to stay inside....
It's what we certainly call Liberty...

But Stay home, and be patient....summer is coming.

cheers

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 01:04:44 PM »
Good to see you Ike! On the positive side, more time for vp! I finally upgraded my cab to vpx. I've gotten over 200 vpx tables setup in the last 10 days. I might build my mame cab, but some other things need to happen before that, one of which being a new job lol.  :Hi (2):
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Ike Savage

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 04:55:20 AM »
Good to see you Ike! On the positive side, more time for vp! I finally upgraded my cab to vpx. I've gotten over 200 vpx tables setup in the last 10 days. I might build my mame cab, but some other things need to happen before that, one of which being a new job lol.  :Hi (2):
200 VPX tables in 10 days?!  Yeah, that sounds about right for you!  (I still remember you talking about your rocket-fueled VP learning curve, one particular time)

Congrats on the cab.  Do you have some helpful motion sensors on that?  Motion sensors and side-mounted buttons are the main reasons I still feel like doing a cab one day, even if it's mostly jury-rigged.  Otherwise I'm totally spoiled by my wall projector.

But... yeah.  Maybe I could build a cab around my physical self so I could go out in the square and safely walk around.  The cab-suit would let me loiter as long as I liked wherever I went, and whenever I got bored, I could just fire up a MAME or VP game on the interior portion.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »
Yeah, what I'm doing when I get them is a uniform angle for each, and a nice ball image (my eyes aren't great). I had about 840 vp9's, so I made a diff file to see what I had in vpx vs vp9. In the past I had downloaded and saved the vpx's that came out, but didn't have time to set them up. Also my rig wasn't up to vpx at the time. But I built a new rig specifically for the cab (this computer used to run as a computer and the cab) so it should run vpx ok now.

My cab isn't terribly complex, I don't need all the bells and whistles (unlike my car) just to play. All you really need is a computer, monitors, a box to put them in, wires and buttons. My plunger is an old flightstick hooked to linkage to the plunger. The computer sees that as a 1 axis mouse. Then I have a KL25z for nudging, and that's it.

Conversely, my car is more advanced than my cab lol. If you remember my duplicate car, I now have a touchscreen with gps, wifi, keyless entry, pushbutton start, backup camera, and it is now considered an antique (25 years old).

Offline Ike Savage

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 05:15:45 PM »
Cool beans, man!  I'm a big fan of DIY, but not overly stressing on how it gets done.  Not that it's exactly the same thing, but stuff like this kinda takes me back to when  I was much younger and loved to cruise around suburban areas on trash pickup day.  (the right dumpsters could be minor gold mines, too)  Perfectly good stuff was regularly thrown away that only needed some light repair, like furniture, PC equipment, etc.  Fortunately my young, dumb ass was never unlucky enough to accidentally carry in bedbugs or the like from the furniture.

Btw, when you get a chance, maybe you can stop by PN and make sure I have your VP creations labelled correctly.  I found a bunch that weren't properly attributed to you, and fixed that, as well as maybe some missing info, like screenshots.  If you find any issues, give us a shout in this thread, if you please.

Btw, are you using breathing equipment when you go out?  I'm rarely going out at the moment, and when I do, using a construction worker's mask ATM.  But I really need to order something better, fast.  N95-type mask, I guess?  Definitely need to research this shizzle, stat...!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 11:52:37 PM »
Done. My wife has something like a painter's mask and rubber gloves when she goes out, I haven't been wearing anything. Since I was laid off we go to the grocery store for ourselves and a couple of elderly residents in our building. I worry much more about my wife as she's diabetic. But this is not "Night of the Living Dead" if you go outside you're done. This is be careful, don't do anything stupid, and you're probably fine. I'm just West of Chicago BTW. I'm more worried about my wife than I am about myself. Alcohol kills viruses, at least I hope so lol.

My wife's Aunt is 95 in Assisted Living and she's fine despite 7 cases in her complex. Then again I have a theory she's a vampire lol. She's had several falls, broken bones, blood loss due to the leg bones coming through the skin. Yet she's somehow fine. I think she'll still be ok.

Offline Ike Savage

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 03:21:07 PM »
Hah!  Fireball was one of those that was too sweet and cinnamon-y for me, even though I like cinnamon.  Regardless, I'm glad I don't have any booze stashed around here!  Being quarantined has in fact been a nice vacation from booze, and I notice my energy has picked up without it.  For someone with CFS, that's been a very welcome thing.

In terms of Covid-19, aside from how it can be transmitted, it sounds like a good portion of one's ability to fight it off simply comes down to genetics.  I.e., one can be rosy with youth and health, and still get taken out shockingly fast.  But one other thing I gotta give thanks to is garlic-- I've been eating it for years, and very rarely get the flu, or even colds.

The one thing that did kind of fluff me up semi-permanently was a trip to S.America about a decade ago, in which I met a previously unencountered germ, which gave me a high fever and tore up my stomach.  Some moments I was screaming in to my pillow, and others, I was calmly, lucidly making out my living will.  In the end I did make it out okay, but have had to take strong antacids ever since, maybe because my gut biome got seriously rearranged.  But I digress. :S

The thing about Covid-19 that worries me the most is not being taken out (we all gotta go sometime), but acquiring permanent or semi-permanent lung and/or heart damage due to it.  I don't need any new problems like that, dammit!

Boy, this is a cheery topic. :/

Offline martson

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 04:17:13 AM »
Stay healthy everyone

Offline Kurt

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 07:03:01 AM »
Hey everyone!
With this corona virus going around, I just wanted to say that I hope that no one in our group has tested positive for the virus.  If you do, please do what you can to minimize contamination of anyone else.  You know what, minimize contamination (or re-contamination) anyway! 
Stay healthy everyone!
Rukia

Yes, for sure. And being aware, that there are also many other serious risks. Just study the reasons for mortality worldwide. Amazing insights guaranteed.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 10:19:03 AM »
Hello and welcome!

Something I've said from day 1 is don't get overwrought about this. Yes, this is a real thing, but it is not what they make it out to be. I know several people at work who've had it, they are all fine. Sure, they felt like hell for a while, but that's par for the course. This not the flu, but it is LIKE the flu. That means the same rules apply. Take your Zinc and D3. Kind of like a tiger and a cat. Both are considered the cat family, but they have many similarities despite being 2 different animals.

Offline Kurt

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2021, 04:30:31 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Something I've said from day 1 is don't get overwrought about this. Yes, this is a real thing, but it is not what they make it out to be. I know several people at work who've had it, they are all fine. Sure, they felt like hell for a while, but that's par for the course. This not the flu, but it is LIKE the flu. That means the same rules apply. Take your Zinc and D3. Kind of like a tiger and a cat. Both are considered the cat family, but they have many similarities despite being 2 different animals.

I agree. It does exist, and some people die, as with flu. At the beginning, there was collective uncertainty about the seriousness of the virus. And later on, it became obvious that it is not so aggressive as some people expected (e.g. not like the Spanish flu around 1918).

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 08:45:44 AM »
Without getting too conspiratorial... There's no question in my mind that this is all being used as a means to an end. I mean if Sars Covid2 (which Covid 19 is made from) was so bad, why wasn't there such a cry to mass vaccinate everyone back then? We STILL don't have a vaccine for the virus that is associated with AIDS. Remember that? So many coincidences here. Why did DR Fauchi approve a 3 or 4 million dollar grant to the very lab in Wuhan that this was released from- just months before this was released? Why was Bill Gates running CV simulations- back in 2015? Why are several states being sued for OVERREPORTING death numbers? Vaccine passports? That's "mark of the beast" stuff right there. We already know we have nano technology we could put in a vaccine- we already do it with our military to keep track of our soldiers, right now. We know if someone got left behind. So what's to stop them from doing this to the general public?

Without getting political, I think Trump threw a monkeywrench into this by getting a vaccine done by a company that was not involved in all of this. Because of that, we could be asked to take another vaccine (not a second shot). I am certain we are not done with the germ warfare that has been perpetrated against us. There will be something else released on us. They can claim it's a mutation, or something else entirely, but there WILL be something else.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but something DEFINITELY stinks here...

Offline cptdunsal

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2021, 02:34:13 PM »
Thanks.