Author Topic: HELP the MJ pin ain't counting balls at all  (Read 4146 times)

Offline faralos

HELP the MJ pin ain't counting balls at all
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:32:21 AM »
Usng itchigos 2 player template (which still has the four player lights in it)
I am having a problem getting the ball counter to  work
it stays at ball one all the time so the game never ends
I copied everything that looked important and even compared the two scripts
side by side (Itchigos 2 player template and the MJ wip)
but still can't find out why the ball counter is not working
if anyone can help me I'd most appreciate it
http://www.speedyshare.com/CEQJb/MJ-ball-2-not-working.zip
and never mind that ramp I am working on it to keep the ball from getting hung up
so ya' gotta' shake the heck outta' the pin to get the ball to roll down it for now
I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: HELP the MJ pin ain't counting balls at all
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »
I'm impressed dude! That looks nice! ok, first- ball hitting the glass, change your glass height. Click on an empty area of the pf, and "Physics". I changed it to 240. Next, uncomment the add ball sub, it's constantly giving you an extraball. Next, create a light called shootagain as it's called in the script and you'll get an error without it. Even if you don't use the shootagain light, make it radius 1 and you won't see it. After that it works fine.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline faralos

Re: HELP the MJ pin ain't counting balls at all
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
Yeah I got it working early this morning or late last night since I missed sleep to get it fixed!
Thanks for pointing out the fixes I did to it though as I did a few things then all of a sudden it worked!
It is coming along nicely since it wasn't my pin to begin with but rather EalaDubhsidhe from vpf's
old Beanie and Cecil wip that stood alone with absolutely no external programming in it save for the
two upper flippers and the default table stuff (Plunger and Drain). So yeah it took maybe four hours to get it working as a
 VP8 with your VP9 2 player template!  ;) That's why I had to get rid of all pop bumper stuff
'cause if you notice there are none in his design and the plunger is hidden anyhow so why not use the default one
to keep the file size smaller since there's quite a few tunes going into it and anything
 to keep the file size smaller helps.
I am never wrong Once I thought I was
 but I was merely mistaken