Author Topic: Hi, it's another noob  (Read 2656 times)

Offline ww68

Hi, it's another noob
« on: July 06, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »
Hey, everybody.  My name's Wade, & I live in the state of Kansas, USA.

I'm thrilled that I found this site, because right off I see a couple things I'm a fan of, Peter Phil Becker's games and flipperless games.

I spend a LOT of time with video games, Donkey Kong in particular (862,300 on the emulated arcade version).  But ever since I discovered pinball simulations several months ago, I've been in another kind of heaven.  I want to thank all of you who contribute to the creation and dissemination of these games.  They blow my mind.

I was lucky enough to grow up with a Heat Wave (1964) and a Pro-Football (1973).  There are sims of those that also blow me away, though I noticed some things I would tweak.

I have a nice "Flip Flop!" machine (1976), which I'm dreaming of creating my own emulation of eventually.  But who am I kidding, I have so many things on my plate, and I have zero experience creating anything.  I discovered an excellent re-creation of "Wizard!", which also has flip flags, and I could only hope to approach the job that was done on that.

For what it's worth, I also have a Donkey Kong upright cabinet (could use a new monitor), a Power Putt "cabinet", a Clowns upright cabinet (not working), and a Looping upright cabinet (not working).  I'd like to acquire a Tempest upright cabinet with "Tempest Tubes".

Anyhoo, thank you for this website, and please keep up the fantastic work.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:01:50 PM by ww68 »

Offline ww68

Re: Hi, it's another noob
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
Oh, snap.  So his name's Phil?  I'm hoping it's both, I'm sorry.   :Banghead:

And I swear I didn't do that for credits.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:02:53 PM »
Hi and welcome!

Phil's games are great, he does an awesome job on them. I make them FS when he gives me a BG for them.

I know all 3 of those pins are out in VPX, probably at vpinball.com. I have them on my cab, but I can't remember which site.

Donkey Kong is good, but I'm a Defender guy.  :Cool: My HS is 13,000,000 back in the day. I still have the one I bought in 1990. I'm in the process of swapping the original CRT for a flatscreen. I'm also building a bartop. They're cheap to make if you have an old PC laying around.

There's also emulators out there for the handheld games too, like the old Mattell Football.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline ww68

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »
"Flip Flop!" though, I haven't found a sim that stays working for me, yet.

Yeah, I think I saw a photo of you with your Defender cab in the background.   :Cool:  It's a beautiful game, and so difficult.  I like to watch a twitch streamer named dazzer playing that and Stargate, amazing.

I know all 3 of those pins are out in VPX, probably at vpinball.com. I have them on my cab, but I can't remember which site.

Donkey Kong is good, but I'm a Defender guy.  :Cool: My HS is 13,000,000 back in the day. I still have the one I bought in 1990. I'm in the process of swapping the original CRT for a flatscreen. I'm also building a bartop. They're cheap to make if you have an old PC laying around.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 06:20:20 PM »
I remember Stargate! It had the extra Inviso button. Back in the day it was popular with people who thought Defender was for wusses, and was too easy.  :Lol:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!