Author Topic: 3 Coins Williams 1962 Desktop  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
3 Coins Williams 1962 Desktop
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:25:59 PM »
3 Coins Williams 1962 Desktop

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=356My exploration of the post-war evolution of pinball from the invention of the flipper to the mid 1960's when I was living in the pinball parlor has so far pretty much skipped over the transition at Williams after Harry Williams left in 1959. An online interaction brought to my attention a couple of games that reflect this transition, and so I recreated them for VP to experience what that period was like. This game, 3 Coins, was released in February, 1962 and was designed by Steve Kordek with Art by George Molentin. 1,100 3 Coin games were produced.  An Add-A-Ball version of this game named Jolly Jokers had been released in January 1962, with only 700 of those games produced.

The transition at Williams is reflected in the combination of George Molentin who had done the art on all of the 1950's Harry Williams designed games and Steve Kordek, who had recently been hired away from Genco (where he was the first to design a two flipper game). Kordek hit his stride at Williams over the next few years, and went on to become a legend in pinball game design.

The moving target (sometimes called a swinging target) was a Williams invention that appeared on many games all the way through the 1970's. Here it is used to allow you to build up to two different specials, one in the out lanes, the other the target itself. As with all of my games, pressing the "R" key will display the game rules and feature keys.

As with all VP work I do, anyone is welcome to use anything in the artwork or scripts of these games as they wish.  Since downsizing my actual Pinball machine collection to the few machines I now have room for, The VP work of others has brought me many hours of joy, and in return anyone is welcome to whatever they can learn or use from my efforts.  I am posting these games in the hope that others will enjoy them as much as I have, and to keep the memory of these older machines alive just a bit longer.

FS available.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:27:40 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!