Author Topic: Silver Gottlieb 1957 FS Direct B2s  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Silver Gottlieb 1957 FS Direct B2s
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:54:06 PM »
Silver Gottlieb 1957 FS Direct B2s

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=363My exploration via recreating the early post-war games of Williams and Gottlieb to experience the evolution of flipper pinball design and innovation hands-on continues with Gottlieb's Silver. Silver was released in August 1957. Designed by Wayne Neyens with Roy Parker artwork, 2,150 Silver games were produced so this game is not very rare to find today.

Silver is an example of the rotoTarget games which nearly all Gottlieb games made in 1957 were built around (only two 1957 games were made without a rototarget). However, the rototarget in Silver can be a distraction as there are several winning strategies that do not involve the rototarget. The rototarget special carries over between games since it is so difficult to make.  This game has been done in VP more than once, but none of those versions had the correct game rules. Being focused on recreating games that play as accurately as I can, I was upset by that aspect of them. Ultimately that is what drove me to buy a Silver schematic and recreate this game in VP -- so the game play would match the schematic in its rule set. As with all my games, pressing the "R" key gives you game rules.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:49:52 PM by Itchigo »
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!