Author Topic: FP 1, 2.5, 2.6 or Zed? What say the Rogues??  (Read 5603 times)

Offline dboyrecords

FP 1, 2.5, 2.6 or Zed? What say the Rogues??
« on: October 17, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »
I'm digging 2.6 hard! Too fast without suggested tweaks but FUN!

Zeds more realistic (maybe slightly more than VP, dare I say) but too much to tweak for me, I think...

Anyone...?

Offline Pintrepid

• Silverball Maniac
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Wizard
Re: FP 1, 2.5, 2.6 or Zed? What say the Rogues??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:06:56 AM »
Hey, Dboy,

About FP ... I've always had issues with stuttering gameplay, mostly because I was using my old WinXP desktop with integrated video. The same went with my Dell Vostro XP laptop ... FP stuttered like a drunken sailor, whereas VP8 and most of VP9 played very well.

Since I've upgraded to my Win7 laptop, FP gameplay is substantially improved. I'm an avid fan of Sphere's Music Pins ... hmmm, it's sad, but his site is no longer available ... anyway, with Win 7 and an i3 processor, FP gameplay is far more enjoyable than it used to be.

What is Zed? From what I can see here http://zedpinball.com.ar/ it looks like something to help the physics in FP. you say it makes FP physics a little better than VP??? Can't help wonder about that ... maybe it's a matter of personal preference, esecially on one's own hardware ... but VP physics are hard to beat, methinks, at least as far as free opensource software is concerned.

My 2¢
-PeterMac

Offline dboyrecords

Re: FP 1, 2.5, 2.6 or Zed? What say the Rogues??
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:57 AM »
Zed is a new fp mod. Similar to the slamt1lt mods.  Lots of info at gopinball. Ok, maybe not better than vp but close and differently realistic. Youtube vids show it off pretty well if your curious.