Author Topic: Skykings, 1973 by Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
Skykings, 1973 by Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:13:17 PM »
Skykings, 1971 Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866  :Excellent:

This one of course is a desktop version.

There is more to be done before this one is finished anyway.

A TON has been redone on this one; lights at the 100 spinner now work properly. The lights counting for the bonus when the ball hits the drain is fixed, counting light by light downwards. Only the top two plastics for the captive balls have to be finished. Kicker hole now keeps the ball WHOLE. Added some target holes underneath the targets at the lower end of the PF. Added a ball guide along the top. Fixed the metal at the top of the PF. Need to add stems to the lower two targets on the PF. Mushrooms now move. Need to fix the metal where the ball hits that side of the wall when sent to the plunger. OOPS.

Not much is left really. I Redrew the ENTIRE CENTER of the playfield. The little paratroopers look really good now compared to before.

Would like to get the rest done if I can find some better images. I have some decent ones that might suffice.

I have my eyes set on making two bingos as I have PERFECT playfields and backglasses. I'll be making Bally's Frolics and Yacht Club.  :Cool:

I also have a PERFECT backglass for Atlantic City by Bally as well. I'll try to update the VP6 version to the newest version of VP ASAP.

I just need to find the RULES for Yacht Club as that one will be first since I like moving bingo cards especially in a pinball. If ANYONE knows where to find the rules/cards for Yacht Club PLEASE post here. Any help would be greatly appreciated or I'll have to "wing it" which I would rather it played like the real thing. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:33:24 PM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.
UNRETIRED from VP as of 07/12/2019.

20+ YEARS as a Visual Pinball author. Wow, how time flies.

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Skykings, 1973 by Bally for VP 9.2.1 r866
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »
The redraw looks really good. Are those old rubbers? They don't look quite right, but I'm on an old computer too. The bumpers look like they're "hovering".

Feel free to copy anything you want.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »
The redraw looks really good. Are those old rubbers? They don't look quite right, but I'm on an old computer too. The bumpers look like they're "hovering".

Feel free to copy anything you want.

They are old rubbers. I have to get rid of them yet. Like I said, still a bit left to do on this one. Wish I could get some decent plastic images for the top two plastics. I'll just have to wing it again. Oh well.
RETIRED from VP on 2014.

Offline Druadic

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »
ALL PLASTICS redrawn. Spinner wire moves up and down. Fixed the 100 point cloud for the spinner to blend underneath the left side rubber. Thumper bumpers now move.

Yes, I need to fix the thumper bumpers so they don't look like they're floating on the PF.

Not much left. Yes, I still have to fix the posts and rubbers.

Maximum bonus of 15,000 implemented. 15,000 tops for balls 1 - 4 and up to 30,000 for ball 5. Lights
only light up to 15,000 like the real deal.

I fixed the skydivers where the little white dots were showing on the parachutes. I also widened the mushroom bumpers to the proper size.

Almost done with this one.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:56:39 AM by Druadic »
RETIRED from VP on 2014.