Author Topic: Stern Sees A Bright Future In Digital Pinball  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Stern Sees A Bright Future In Digital Pinball
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »
I know this is on VPU, but I thought it's a good discussion.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/23/stern-sees-a-bright-future-in-digital-pinball.aspx

Personally, I'd rather have the real thing. But since I can't afford it (and my wife would say no), I have to have a cab. Anyone who has a real game will always tell you- they want the real game.

Now about that 3 year rule... Since I saw the post on Pinball nirvana, I believe it is real. However, it was a long time ago when it was done, and things have changed since then. Understand, I'm not saying this makes it ok either. I don't remember the year, but it was like 6 or 7 years ago when it was settled on.

What I would say if I were Gary is no Pre- Production. You wouldn't see a movie if you downloaded it first and it sucked, right? But you would still go and see it if it was good. In my opinion In Production recreations are a good thing. They promote the game. Someone who has AC/DC on their cab :Rolleyes: would still buy the game if they liked it, and could afford it. IMO recreations are brand awareness, does anyone seriously think that because you can have AC/DC on your phone, you won't play the real thing? But HAVING AC/DC on your phone may show some people the game- who haven't seen it, and therefore may try it when they're out.

Just my 2¢.
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline Itchigo

• Victory is mine!!
  • Administrator
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Stern Sees A Bright Future In Digital Pinball
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:53:26 AM »
It also seems that Stern may be considering a "Commercial Cab". Funny, I talked to Gary about it over 2 years ago. He said that virtual will never compare, true but if it's the only option...:Banghead:
Tremble in fear! Behold my Bankai!

Offline dstott

Re: Stern Sees A Bright Future In Digital Pinball
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »
Looks like it may be a collaborative effort between Stern and Farsight Studios.  Gary is evidently quite inpressed in the work they've done together so far.  Unfortunately, this may mean a limit to Cab support in Pinball Arcade for the rest of us.  Still, I would enjoy seeing a commercial digital pin table and it just might generate a lot of interest in pinball.

Dave